2003-2004 Fleer James/ Anthony/ Wade BGS 10 card

Discussion in 'LilRyjoe's NBA Talk' started by nuthinlikeacat, Feb 10, 2006.

1. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    anyone know the current value of a 2003-2004 Fleer James/ Anthony/ Wade BGS 10 card? Not that I plan on selling it anytime in the next 50 years, but just wondering the value.

2. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Hey Ryan, I am not sure what the value is on basketball cards anymore. I have a ton of them in cases. I have some old Michael Jordan rookie cards that are probably worth some good money. The card you are talking about is probably worth some cheese too.:) I'll have to get a pricing book and check out some of my cards, that'll be fun!

3. nuthinlikeacat

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    YEah, I probably should go and get a price guide myself. I had quit collecting cards for a few years after the whole grading thing started taking hold. I sold a few cards I shouldn't have, and didnt sell a few cards I should have (Bonds!). I started buying again when Lebron hit the NBA figuring I could get a few of them and hang on to them for my kids.

4. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    That sounds like a pretty good idea Ryan. Just think, if our parents would have done that when Dr.J and Wilt Chamberlain were in the game, we would be banking right now.:) I haven't looked through my card collection in about five or six years. I know I have Shaqs' rookie cards and Jordans' which should be worth some money now. There is a player who plays here in Indiana by the name of Greg Odem who is going to be a great player! Look for him next year playing for the Ohio State Buckeyes. He's a seven footer with amazing skills on offense and defense. He averages a double-double every game and he's had countless triple-doubles from points, blocks, and rebounds. What is the most valuable sports card you have? I know you don't have a Beckett, but just take a guess. I might have to go out and buy some James rookie cards now that you said something about it.;)

5. nuthinlikeacat

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    I would have to probably say my 80-81 topps Bird, M Johnson, Erving card for basketball.. The most expensive card I own is probaby either an ungraded Gretsky rookie card or a Tiger Woods SI for kids card.

6. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Those cards seem like they are keepers Ryan! I'll bet that Gretzky rookie is worth some serious money. I would probably hold on to those for a while and watch their value sky rocket. Do you have any autographed sports memorabilia? I have a football signed by the entire Colts team in 2004. It will be worth some money some day, unless Peyton never gets the Colts to the Super Bowl.:sad:

7. nuthinlikeacat

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    That is sweet. It's funny you mention that about the football because the Viking Training camp is about 20 minutes from where I grew up. I've always tried to get the whole team to sign something, but have never been able to. I havent got much for autographs for basketball being the sport was out of MN for quite a while. I would love to get KG's autograph on a jersey, and hope to do that maybe yet this year. He is very active in the community and very approachable, So I'm hoping to get that accomplished.

My most prized posession would have to be a signed Randy Moss jersey.

Had a bunch of autographs from the Vikes and other teams that came to visit during training camps. I used to get cards signed, now if there is someone specificI want an autograph from, I buy the jersey and have them sign it.

In a perfect world I'd love to have a specific room in my house to hang memorabilia, but thats not happening in the near future!

8. nuthinlikeacat

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Have you boughten any sports memorabilia with a COA? I think the whole COA is a bunch of sh*t. I read an article about a guy who supposedly bought a piece of someones game jersey. It had a Certificate and letter of Authenticy. Come to find out he was showing a few friends what he just bought and a guy pointed out it was fake. The time and game it was supposedly taken from never happened because of a rain delay! The guy dug deeper into the situation and it was fake, He found out that basically when your getting something like that all your getting is a word of mouth that it is Authentic!

9. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    A signed Randy Moss jersey? That's pretty cool! I have never bought anything from COA before. Thank God since the things you told me!:) My dad is good friends with the trainer of the Colts and he got them to sign some stuff. I also have a Colts helmet that was worn by Jim Harbaugh. He was the Colts quarterback before Peyton. I wear it to all the home games (the ones I go to). I would like to have a memorabilia room too! I don't have enough stuff to put in there either.:sad: That would be kind of cool to have the training camp in your back yard. What is the COA? Someone should call them out if they are selling fake crap! Let's write a letter or something.

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mellon tried to sell a bunch of his old cards recently. He found out the prices for these cards were very low:sad:

11. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Was he selling basketball cards? There is never a set price on selling, it is always up to however much someone is willing to pay. Most of the time I have found that it is easier to go to card dealers that are missing certain cards out of their sets, then they will pay top dollar for those cards, and of course rare collectors cards and rookie promos.

12. nuthinlikeacat

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    A COA is a certificate of Authentecy stating state this item is authentic. Some Big huge company does this for a living, checking everything from jerseys to autographs. To me, unless you personally get the autographs yourself or someone you know and trust, how can you ever be sure as to what you get.

13. nuthinlikeacat

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    I cant imagine paying that much for a card, but then again, looking at what cards and things I own now, down the road they my be well worth that.

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I had thousands of $ worth of cards. Mostly rookies. Football/Baseball. In todays world the value drops so much if cards are not graded, even then there are so many grading compaines out there that it's hard to find good ones. It's a shame how the collecting hobby is now.

My own opinon is that "insert" cards ruined the market, years & years ago. Collecting was fun, etc.... but once "insert" cards hit the market hot & heavy, I think it ruined the market.

15. nuthinlikeacat

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    I agrere with you and thats the main reason I quit collecting years ago....that and the fact theres a thousand different brands out there!

16. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ture. I can remember when Topps, Donruss, Fleer were the mighty Big THREE, then Upper Deck came on & made a HUGE SPLASH. Then the inserts came on strong.:rolleyes:

17. nuthinlikeacat

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Yeah, for the most part I quit collecting shortly after Upper Deck came along. Went to a local store recently and looked at cards and couldn't believe how many new cards have come out in the past year!