2000 Key Largo 176...What's it Worth?

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by WylieCat, Apr 16, 2006.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I have a guy that wants to sell me a 2000 year model Key Largo 176. For those that don't know that is a 17'-8" center console. It has a Suzuki 70 hp engine, depthfinder, and a trolling motor, and has been run in fresh water only.

I looked at the boat and it is in real good shape, but I think he is asking waaaaay too much at $12,000 for the boat and trailer. It retails for around $14,500-$14,900 with an equal hp motor and I have seen some with a 90hp in the same price range. Keeping mind the boat is almost six years old that seems like way too much.

So I am curious to get you boating expert opinions on how much you think a boat like this is worth?

Give me a ball park price range to offer!!!

THANKS!!!!

2. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Look it up on www.nadaguides.com. You'll have to look the boat and motor up separately though.

3. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Dux thanks for that link!!

It looks like the model he said it is was not made in the year he said the boat was. He said it was a 176 and a 2000 model, but the 176 was not made until 2002...?!?!?!?!!?

Either way, the boat is worth about $7000-$9700 depending on the year which is no where near the $12,000 he is asking. I have found them online used for around $9000, so I a guess I am in the ballpark with those numbers.

We will see how bad he wants to sell it.

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    If he has financed it for 10 or 15 years like alot of folks do on boats these days, he could have paid on it for 5 years and that still be the payoff.:0a10: :0a10: :0a19:

5. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    sounds like he is upside down on his payments.

6. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    That may be the case. Good point fellas. I will keep ya posted on how it goes. If he sells it, I will have me a new catfish boat!!