2000 Ford F250 Triton 5.4 4x4

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by oh no, Jul 2, 2007.

1. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My truck has realy been aggervating me. It misses under load. I thought it might be plugs or a bad coil pack. Dealer said nothing showed up on faults and changed the spark plugs. Well that straightened it out for a while, now its actting up again. It seems like every time I drive it, it's a little worse. It's missing too bad to run overdrive now.

Anyone have any problems with these gas motors. It has 94K on the truck.

I hope someone can help.

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i think this truck hAS INDIVIDUAL COILS ON IT, U MIGHT LOOK @ THE REAR COIL ON THE RH SIDE THEY SEEM TO GET CONDENSATION ON THEM FROM THE AC ACUUMULATOR ON THEM & MAKES THEM MISS ON 1 CYLINDER-I WORK WHOLESALE PARTS FOR JORDAN FORD IN SAN ANTONIO & WE SURE SELL ALOT OF THESE--IF NOT TRY THE DPFE SENSOR WE ALSO SELL THESE SEEMS LIKE 30 OR 40 A MONTH EVRY MONTH I THINK IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO W/THE MANUFACTURER WHO MAKES THEM CHEAP BUT THEY GO OUT ALOT AS WELL--THAT PART HAS TO DO W/UR EGR SYSTEM HOPE THIS HELPS

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    What Willcat said. I've got an F150, and have had to replace 2 coils on it, the rear and the one next to it, on the passenger side. Of course, mine showed up in the computer error code, so be sure before you replace one. They run ~$50 each.
    Some auto parts stores will put a code reader on there free of charge, but if it didn't show a code for the dealer, it probably won't show one anywhere. Those can drive ya nuts. I had a clogged EGR hose fitting once that defied 3 different factory mechanics and their computers before someone figured it out. (I run a can of sea foam through my gas tank a couple of times a year ; might be worth a try)

4. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks a bunch, I made an appointment to have the Ford dealer in Three Oaks , MI look at it Monday morning. They have at least 40 250 and 350s on thier lot. They sell and work on the trucks.
    The dealer I took it to in LaPorte , Ind,'s mechanics seem like they don't know how or like to work on trucks. I have to take it about 30 miles farther but it should get fixed.

I made that appointment before any of you had posted. I should have waited.

Thanks,
    Jim

5. BamaRiverRat

BamaRiverRat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    That baby isn't even broken in yet. I have 315,000 on my 2000 F-250. It has the 7.3 in it though.

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    if n e one ever needs any ford parts i can get them @ my cost which is cheaper than any body will sell it you for--that is genuine ford parts not aftermarket from the auto parts store-afterall whatever they cant sell they buy from me @ the dealership anyway!!! let me know if i can help any boc members--JORDAN FORD IN SAN ANTONIO,TEXAS!!!THANKS

7. fordman49450

fordman49450 New Member

State:
    Michigan
    actually there was a TSB for the rear coils getting leaked on by the heater hose, they finally use a worm gear clamp but didnt get it tight enough. if they cant verify the miss, tell the dealer to look at the misfire data in mode 6 on their scanners either the WDS or PDS scanner will show this.

8. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It was NUMBER 5, and it had water in it. They checked the rest and blew water out of two more. I just took it to Southern Indiana and it ran fine. Wish I could get better fuel mileage as it sits around 13 mpg. 9 mpg with my truck camper and pulling my boat.

Its a good old truck.:byebye:

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    be careful in big puddles or going offroad that will get water in & around them coils also-if it happens after one of those things just blow out the water or dry them off & save some money @ the dealer