200 lber taken in the mountains of SC.

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by mrc, Sep 25, 2006.

1. mrc

mrc New Member

State:
    SC
    200 lber taken in the mountains of SC.

Attached Files:

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice, sure would not want to cross paths with that beat in the woods without a gun. Thanks for sharing.

3. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Very nice Whens the pickin!:big_smile:

4. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Man that's a hog...no pun intended lol. How'd you like that chasing you through the woods?

5. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

I knew there was a reason I cut back on my pork consumption. ROTFLOL! If that thing is as mean as it looks you are up against it without a weapon. I have never encountered a wild one before...

Vic

6. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    One ugly thang fer sure! Was suppose to go out on a hog hunt one time, I was all up for it. They were going to use rednose pits, seemed interesting but it fell thru.

Nice hog, very big one too. Thanks for posting, I know this is a 'catfishing' site, but I like seeing other 'catches' as well. :lol:

7. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    awsome picture thanks.

8. usmc0208

usmc0208 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    that'll be good eatin

9. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    Nice... I would love to get one of those with my bow.

10. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    What area did you get him in?

11. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Man what a hog, Looks mean too. Add a meat grinder and equal parts venison, some spices and man ya got's some great sausage.... YUM!

12. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Congratulations Brother, That'll Make A Good Hog Roast.

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    mmmmmmm Bacon....:dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

14. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    Congrats on the big boar:big_smile:

I have been buying hay from a guy south of Greenleaf State Park in Oklahoma that trains "Hog Huntin Dogs!" He says when he takes people out for a hunt they don't carry a gun, only a knife! Hard to believe but I think he is serious. That's just plain scary:eek:oooh:

Best to Ya

Larry Collier

15. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Yeah, the catch dog holds the hog(sometimes several pits) and the bay dog lets the hunter know when the hogs been pinned.

Tied the hogs legs together and run a stick threw it and carry the live mad hog out and keep him pinned up for a few days, feed him corn to get the wildness out of the meat.

Heard one man talk that a hogs tusk got one of his pits, rip his belly open, was a mess, the pit didnt let go. Of course the dog died, but yeah, its a serious hunt. Always make sure to have a tree around to run too and that no one is running to same tree you are, if so, may the faster runner win!

16. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Thats a big ole hog You don`t have to climb high to get away from one just higher than his head When you jump one he willl either run away or charge they are fun to hunt:cool2:

17. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    man that things huge

18. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    Nice hog thanks for sharing.

19. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Man i'd love to hunt those some day. I heard about a guy who shot one of those with his bow and the arrow shattered because the bone is so hard!

20. diodeman

diodeman New Member

State:
    Benton Co. Mo.
    Good looking Eurasian wild hog. We have them as well as Russian's in Missouri, a growing problem increasing in numbers. Largest taken so far, 423lb. male Eurasian. We are not allowed to use lights, night vision, lasers, dogs, horses or ATV's so I stalk by the light of the full moon, at dusk or dawn. I use scents or baits to lure them in and hold them for a shot. VERY aggresive animals, I have been knocked down twice after being charged. This is a new sport in our area but increasing in popularity due to illegal dumping of Eurasian & Russian hogs in deep woods. Excellent eating, I had wild boar bacon for breakfast and will be have BBQ boar pork chops for dinner.
    diodeman