200 fish day!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dinger66, Oct 8, 2009.

1. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i took five men from a large car dealership out for some catfishing at wheeler dam . we caught about 200 eating size fish, before you all go off the fish will be used for a good cause . no not a car lot promo lol,they are being used for a man we know who has cancer. you know i have to say the diaiichi circle hooks worked like a champ 3/0 set the hook or let them hook themselves.all caught on shad about 2 in long and chicken liver.skipjack were none exsistant.all fish from 2 to 10 with one about 15 ,all in all it was a good day .

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Derric for supporting a good cause. Nice bunch of fish. WTG.

3. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    I have to ask... Who's cleaning them?

4. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrats on a heck of a day!

5. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    great day

6. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Nice thing to do Derric and you had fun as well.
    To be honest it wouldn't matter if you had kept them all for yourselves. that many between six guys is only about 30 apiece. Not really something to go off about.
    Hope you get to enjoy a few...W

7. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    well i am all about the sport of catfishing i never want to get a label as a wasteful fisherman

8. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Nice fishing and nothing better than bringing a little sunshine in the life of someone who could use it.

9. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i wish i would have had my monster rod holders in and on my boat i almost lost a rod due to a cheap plastic one lol. but you have to love them diaiichi circle hooks they work like nobodys bussiness

10. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Nice day of fishing, and you'll hear no complaints from me about keeping the fish! Many are the times I keep more fish than I can personally use, but not over the daily limit. Reason being, I have a Senior Citizens complex right across the street from my house,many of the fish go to them and I feel good about it.

11. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i am close to many people on this board and times have been people here are all that have keep me going . i promote this sport at every turn i love to see a kid when i hand him some hooks and hope he get the same fever and enjoyment i got when i fished with my daddy with a cane pole catching fingerling catfish and bass , bream . i dont do lots of thing but fishing is one and if i make it where a child has one life long memory by giveing him some hooks or takeing them fishing it is worth every penny!