20 minutes later, I went in after it.

Discussion in 'Catfishing Videos' started by Rapptorman, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Rapptorman

Rapptorman New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Fishing from a friend's dock, after a long day of planting trees on crp land, and a few brews, I caught a nice channel cat.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/longj33/CIMG8231.jpg
    And released it.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/longj33/CIMG8234-1.jpg
    Then when we were watching the college world series a fish picked up and went under our dock. It had gone completely under it, then around two or three pillars. After feeling a fish, and knowing I was snagged up, I decided to go in after the thing. Thought it was alot bigger since it was all tied up and felt heavy, but it was still a fish I'm glad I got the better of. I think?

2. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Great story, I've done something similar when I had a cat tangle up in some under brush at the end of my bud's dock and yes I went in after it. Thanks again for sharing..

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Great story. Sounds like a chapter right out of the famed jimmyjonny's book! :) Reps to ya. Always rep the folks who "go in after 'em" when snagged or hung :)
    BB in SC

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is dedicated, congrats on a good fishing story that didn't end "he got away"

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Bill I'm starting to like the phrase, " Doin a JimmyJonny". LOL

LOL, nice job man !!

I did that not long ago but with a #50 plus blue cat. I got er in..what a rush !!!

Lovin the story, thanks for sharing.

-Jim-

6. Rapptorman

Rapptorman New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Here's a picture of the fish, my fault on the link mistakes.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/longj33/CIMG8237.jpg
    I wish I could say it was a 50 pound fish, I thought it was about 15 when I went in after it, just based on the fish being tied up a few times. Unfortunately I did this twice this night. After I landed the first fish, I thought I'd get the second one too. Not so lucky, I ended up reelin in a empty hook when I got out on the other side of the dock. Never intentionally break a line if you know there's still a fish on the other end. What's the point of that?

7. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    A few weeks ago the River was dropping about a foot a day. I went fishing and found a nice sized catfish decaying on the rocks attached to a line that had a spark plug hung in the rocks. The river I fish though is well known to drown folks with it's nasty current so I definitely don't blame'm for not going swimming. Too bad though, nobody won that battle.

8. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    That's dedication. Says a lot about ya...Great story though!