20# cajun red when does it loosen up?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by okiecop, Sep 2, 2006.

1. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Ok all i seen it and had to try it out after reading about it on the boards here. I have only hit the water a few times with this line but was wondering when it will loosen up and become a bit more castable. Not sure if i just need to land a good size fish to stretch it a bit or of it just needs a bit more time in the water.

I use a 2oz. weight with it in the lake mostly. any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

What do you mean by "loosen up"? Is it coiling on you? I have had the coiling problem but the line usually relax's after a couple of cast. I have never had any trouble casting it though. Aside from the coiling of new line the only other trouble I have had with it is fishing in a river, when I rigged up without a swivel and my line got twisted real bad, to the point I had to change the line out but that was my own fault.

3. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hook a good one or just get hung up and it will limber right up.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Get hung up on a log ,rocks,trees whatever and strech it real good,that should take care of the problem.To be honest when I first used it I hated it.keep twisting up on the end of pole.got hung up a few times ,now it works great.Don't wrap it around bare hand to try to break it(IT HURTS).It's a very tough line.

5. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    i got some in the 17lb because they were out of 20 but its pretty tough to it limbered up just fine the first time out got hung up and caught a few blues about 4or 5 pounds

6. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Mine loosened up when I threw it in the garbage.

7. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Ray,I'm having the same problem with 30#.When I first put the line on the reel it coiled like crazy,but after several cast it kinda softened up .I thought it would work out good.But after letting it set in the shop for a couple of weeks it was the same problem all over .Made a cast and it was like fishing with a slinky again.

8. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    The newest stuff they have out doesn't even coil at all. I havent had the slightest problem with it.

9. Amigo108

Amigo108 New Member

State:
    Columbia, Maryland
    Don't know if this is part of the problem but you know that when you spool up your bait caster you need to have someone hold the spool on a pencil and reel it into your reel. A spinning reel you can just lay the spool on the floor and reel in on your reel but a baitcaster needs to be fed as described above so the line doesn't twist when going on.

There are SOME people who do it wrong so I thought i'd mention it just in case. The fact that it was loosened up then got coily again suggests that spooling is not the problem but what do I know! hehe.