2 Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Dec 3, 2007.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well with the good Lords help the 5th of this month will be (2) years since I quit SMOKING:big_smile:. Didn't really have much choice in the matter.My health sort of told me that morning either quit or you won't be here another year.
    Believe it or not after 52 years I quit cold Turkey. Still short winded but from gaining weight not smoking.Hope this wil be an insperation to any one wanting to quit.If I can do it ANYONE CAN!!Just have to make up your mind you really want to.

2. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Way to go MRR.Congrats on 2 years.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    YOU DEFINATLY DESERVE A PAT ON THE BACK.....VERY BIG PAT INDEED!

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Im proud of ya John, quitting is not an easy thing to do!!

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats ,John. Cold turkey is the hardest .but I believe the best way to quit. You have to have your mindset in the right place and have a real ;want to;

6. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Congratulations on kicking the habit,John. If I make it to the 15th of Feb. 2008 it will be 17 yrs.since I gave up smoking. I had to quit because of my health.

7. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Congratulations on your success. That must be a great sense of accomplishment.

8. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey John congrats are in order. I passed 6 years Sept 1. Although I think I traded bad habits, ( weight gain) I can now smell things, and I can keep 5 bucks in my pocket a whole lot longer. Later Andy

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats John on 2 years smoke free. Yes, you are and inspiration for others.

10. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Congratulations John. I quit for 6 months and started again last week.:crazy:

I gained 25 lbs during that time, trying to lose it now. I suppose exercise would have been a better choice.:embarassed:

Glad you made it so far.:big_smile: