2 Wheel Golf Bag Cart

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Vonroc, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    I have a Golf Bag cart I'm thinking of converting for gear transportation. Looking for ideas. I do alot of winter catfishing in Ohio. Along with the normal winter gear I'll be packing an 11lb propane tank for heat on those cold winter nights.I'm always trying to come up with some sort of base that I can build up from. The base would have to be light yet strong. Currently the base is about a 3" square, golf bag rests on this then a strap secures the golf bag toward the top. The 3" square is attached to a 1/2" round tube. I always pack way to much gear, so I know I'll need to make this so it holds quit a bit of gear. Along with the propane tank I'll be packing small cooler, tackle bag,rods, bank rod holders, lantern, chair. Sounds like a tall order I know. I've tried the back pack thing, pack weighted 61 lbs and still had stuff in my hands. 20 minute hike to my favorite spot will wear you out. All ideas would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    ya know, Michael, i have been thinking along the same lines, but with a twist. the bigger the wheel, the more rugged the terrain you can cross comfortably. i want to be able to lug my gear (poles, ice chest, bait box, etc.) in one trip...not having to make 2 or 3 trips from bank/boat to camp.

i am thinking about making a cart from maybe a shopping basket using 26in bicycle wheels...have the wheels, but haven't come up with the luggage compartment yet.

i would still want to have a handle configuration like the golf club carrier...don't want a 4 wheel buggy...that would be to cumbersome.

3. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Michael
    I did the same thing. I picked up a cart at a thrift shop for $1.00 works great. I must say I don't carry as much as you. You might have to carry a back pack too. My camera went to camera heaven or what ever and can't get the new one to copy pictures to computer, when I do I will copy a picture. I used a 5 gal bucket for the base and bolted it to the aluminum base of the cart and then found a slightly smaller 5 gal bucket to fit inside this which I lift out for the seat and storage, I padded the top and carpeted it. I mounted 2 emt tubes upright on the sides of the cart and into these I slip my two pole holders and then the two poles. I bunjie cord a plastic milk cart with a lid on top of the 5 gal bucket, and then hang a foam minnow bucket from the handle adjustment. My wheels swivel outward putting a real angle on the cart and making it harder going through the tall weeds, so I usually leave the wheels in the together mode. Luck

4. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Phil, here is some carts that might work for you. At little pricey , my dad had this cart we used this at Lake Erie. 6.5 cubic foot, $189.00

Attached Files:

5. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    I've thought about buying one of these. I can get it shipped to my door for $100.00

Attached Files:

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great minds must think alike. What I boiled this thought process down to is a Big Game fold up cart. The ones for toting deer out of the field. With a few bungee cords and a little imagination you should be set up with a light weight heavy hauler that can be stowed for travel.:cool2:

7. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Michael
    lets see if I can get this picture loaded now. This was before I added the milk carton.

Attached Files:

8. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Netmanjack, just placed an order for one of those game carts . Will post some pic when it arrives .