2 rod stamp

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by KnotGillty, Nov 29, 2007.

1. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    Anyone heard about the new 2 rod stamp proposal that would allow 2 rods in California rivers (not just inland lakes)? It's closer to reality than you may think.

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I had not heard about this. Is this another stamp to pay for? Or is it the same stamp that will appy to both lakes and rivers?

3. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    heck, i fished for a few yrs now with that two rod stamp. never had a F&G guy give me a hard time about it anywhere in fresh water. LOL
    is ca coming out with a way to charge for more money?
    gary

4. Jedi007

Jedi007 New Member

State:
    Chino Hills, California
    How does it work on a boat? Is it the same? One pole with a license and two with a second rod stamp?

It seems that more than once I have seen one or two guys in a boat with six or seven rods. I just assumed that the one / two rod rule was for shore fisherman.

I am considering buying a boat and was wondering...

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Man" - For a person that spends 95% of his fishing time in the Ca. Delta - (and not to forget all of the money that they charge for a Ca. fishing licence in the first place :0a14:) - that would be a Delta fisherman's dream come true.
    :feel_good:

Take it easy, :0a22:
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    That is great news. Got a ticket for two pole near windmill cove 3-4 years back. Cost me $250.

7. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "See" -"That the kind of stuff I'm talking about! :angry:

People like Robb & I would love it if the "Two Pole Stamp" stamp thing was to happen. :0a23:
    :wink:

8. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I have been gettng the 2 pole stamp for years now...... I have felt better having it.... even though I did not "pay attention" to where it was allowed....I just had a knife handy to be used when needed..... I will feel better being legal now......"does two poles mean you can have 4 poles out now?"

bayrunner ray

9. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Seeing how most of my fishing is done in lakes, reservoirs and in the Colorado River district it would have very little effect on me other than when I head up to the Fresno or delta area. But it would be nice to be able to use a bait rod while tossing jigs in the Aqueduct.

10. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    Since it's inception, the California 2 rod stamp has only been valid for the use of 2 fishing poles within inland lakes & reservoirs. It does not make any difference whether you are fishing from shore, or from a boat.

The current Bill Number is AB 1729 for the proposed change to allow 2 rods per angler on inland waters (inlcluding rivers). This is only one part of a much larger bill. AB 1729 has alot of stuff attached to it, some pertaining to things we've all bitched about before. Some of it just "fixes" things that we've had a hard time understanding. Again, I'm not sure when it's effective. Hopefully it will be for the 2008 calendar year. Keep your fingers crossed

NUMBER: AB 1729 CHAPTERED

CHAPTER 285
    FILED WITH SECRETARY OF STATE OCTOBER 5, 2007
    APPROVED BY GOVERNOR OCTOBER 5, 2007
    PASSED THE SENATE SEPTEMBER 10, 2007
    PASSED THE ASSEMBLY SEPTEMBER 12, 2007

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/...chaptered.html

7149.4. (a) It is unlawful for any person to fish with two rods
    without first obtaining a second-rod sport fishing stamp, in addition
    to a valid California sport fishing license and any applicable stamp
    issued pursuant to subdivision (a) of Section 7149, and having that
    stamp affixed to his or her valid sport fishing license. Any person
    who has a valid second-rod sport fishing stamp affixed to his or her
    valid sport fishing license may fish with two rods in inland waters
    in any sport fishery in which the regulations of the commission
    provide for the taking of fish by angling, except those waters in
    which only artificial lures or barbless hooks may be used.

Inactive
    Non-Urgency
    Non-Appropriations
    Majority Vote Required
    State-Mandated Local Program
    Fiscal
    Non-Tax Levy

LAST ACT. DATE: 10/05/2007
    LAST HISTACTION : Chaptered by Secretary of State - Chapter 285, Statutes of 2007.
    ACTION DATE : 08/30/2007
    COMM ACTION : Do pass as amended
    COMM VOTE SUMMARY : Ayes: 17 / No: 00 - PASS

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I remember when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton I had to have a state license with a two pole stamp, freshwater stamp and I also had to get a premit to fish on the base's lakes and beach areas! For someone raised in Ohio, that was (and still is) outrageous:crazy::crazy:!

12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Rany brother....got to give you 5 stars for keep us updated on that regulation. Thank you brother.....

13. RockyIII

RockyIII New Member

State:
    From NY but live in NM
    Howdy all,
    NM has allowed two poles in warm waters only, Trout waters were one only. Last year they started a two pole stamp for Trout waters also. In the '90s I received a $150 coupon for two poles while icefishing for Trout. Live and learn. LOL
    Have a good one , Jim

14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Here in Nevada if you use 2 poles you need a stamp for that, fishin for trout need a stamp, then they have what they call" nevada colorado river special use stamp".

15. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Hi Randy
    Now can I assume that AB 1729 has passed and I can now fish the aqueduct with a two pole stamp. That would be great news, now I can set and look at two Pole's. I have been wishing for years they would pass a bill Two poles with one hook each, are one pole with two hooks. If AB 1729 passed that would be even better. Now it's time they started giving our seniors" like my self" a break on their licenses after the age of 65. What do you think, It's not like we are going to catch all the fish in rivers and lakes in what little time we have left to fish.

16. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    Yes, I have heard about this stamp along with some other proposed striper regulation changes. All the changes sound pretty good EXCEPT....they are considering shutting down night fishing!! This would be to reduce poaching at night. I'm not sure how far that proposal has gotten, but I hope it doesn't pass.
    Linz

17. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    Nothing has changed yet. Don't go fishing places with two poles that you could not before. This thread will get updated when the new laws take effect.

18. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Sounds like more CA BS. Have to pay to use a second rod??? PHTTTTT!!Another way to get in your pocket. Here in Florida (over 65 years old) I can fish Florida fresh and salt water, hunt anything in season and fish Georgia fresh water(agreement between the states) for free. damn, I'm glad to live in the South East. OH, I often use 6 or 8 rods when drift fishing...yep, it's legal

19. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Jerry
    yes it's BS for sure. But we have to support all our corrupt legislators in Sacramento,

20. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Randy,

I'm bumping this one back up because I don't want to miss any updates on this-one.
    this one is important to us Delta fishermen.
    :wink:

Take it easy & Happy Holidays,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"