The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) anyone frequent the river solo?
2) anyone frequent the river at night?

Just curious if there are any tips and issues to report. I don’t have any friends, so I thought I’d ask before doing this......

·
Registered
191 Posts
I only go during the day with someone I know can handle themselves around a boat and swift water.

If I went at night around here, the river would be my first concern, the boat ramp another. I'd definitely be carrying.

·
Registered
651 Posts
U sound like me. I only fish stretches I know like back of hand. Learn stretch well by day then fish it at night if u prefer. I only night fish during warm water hard to say exactly what temp but usually may thru October lots of common sense and safety spotlight while running with floating debris I stand up drive with one hand hold light with other during this time prolly contradicting safety statement but that’s what I do good luck

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I run the MO solo often and only fish at night. Just trust your captain skills and stay within comfort zone.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Been fishing it alone for 20 years and day/night doesn't matter long as I know the area well. Prefer upriver mostly case of breakdown. Wouldn't be without my telescopic pole hook for pushing off and grabbing things. If it's a new area or conditions changed since last been there I go upriver some distance (up to 10-15 miles) scouting positions to then fish going back down.

·
Registered
461 Posts
like this one:
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pro-shops-telescoping-boat-hook

Replaced mine a few times but they are cheap. Extend it and put few screws in it so doesn't collapse or pull apart (trust me). Make or buy holder so out of the way but easy quick reach. Best tool for grabbing onto barges, tree limbs, pilings, etc....you name it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts