2 piece rods...

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bigkat7698, Aug 6, 2009.

1. bigkat7698

bigkat7698 New Member

State:
    Bowling Green KY
    My dad and I started using the 5 minute epoxy to glue together 2 piece rods and it seems to do a super job on them just wondering if anyone else had done this and any other ideas...Thanks bigkat...

2. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I don't even bother buying 2 piece rods any more but yes when I did buy them I always glued them together..

3. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    I always thought reeling in a fish with half a rod was pretty fun! I have 4 two piece rods and don't have issues with them, but as a habit I do squeeze them together just to be safe. I don't see why the glue would hurt anything; don't think it would require much to work well.

4. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I dont bother with 2 piece rods either , but I will keep the idea in mind incase I see a 2 piece I like .

5. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    I've never had a problem with my 2 piece rods to need to glue them. I kinda like the 2 piece because if i go somewhere with my rods in the truck, i can put them in the cab of my S10 by taking them apart. Its hard to fit a rod over 6' in a regular cab s10.

6. catma

catma New Member

State:
    iowa
    i dont understand why u would glue them together? it dosent add strength or any thing i mean it might impress ur freinds if it seems like a 1 peice rod but if ur fishing big fish just stick with the 1 peice

7. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    all my poles are 2 piece, i have never had any problems with them coming apart while fishing, i like them for the fact i can break them down and throw them in the back of my blazer or car

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use 12 foot rods, If I glued them together they would be kinda hard to haul around.:wink:

9. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    I use both 1 and 2 pc. rods, I like the one pc. rod better but it is eaiser to carry the 2 pc. rods around as they a 10' rods and hard to transport even in the back of the truck.

10. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I couldn't see using 1 piece rods at all. How would you transport them around? I have never had trouble with 2 piece rods except bass poles.

11. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    one piece for a boat rod would be just fine.but for bank fishing where you have to haul it around everywhere a two piece is more practical.Ive used two piece rods everysince i was a kid and never had one come apart while fighting a fish.

12. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    I don't buy 2 piece rods anymore, had to many break when fighting bigger fish and haven't found a 2 piece with the backbone that I like.

13. 7mmmag1

7mmmag1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I agree the 1 piece are better, but all I have is 2 piece because I can lock them in the toolbox of my truck which can only hold a 5'6 1 piece. Dont think Ive had a 2 piece come apart when fighting a fish, just when casting bass stuff

14. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I dont like 2 piece rods. But when I do use them i also glue them together. Nothing sucks more than tring to sling a big ol bait and your upper half goes flying too.

15. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

Maybe on a hookset or a person grabbing the rod wrong when landing or pulling on a snag, might and will pop one. But under normal situations i've never seen a 2pc rod pop, and they will do just as good as a 1pc.( Its all about the fisherman!)

I can build you one. that will put a smile on your face :smile2:

I got-em that will pull anything that swims in freshwater and alot of the SW variety as well:wink:

there is alot of one pc rods out there,and I've only used one, a 7'fenwick off-shore seahawk. Fished with 2pc rods all my life and never had a problem. I've seen one in my lifetime fly apart on the cast last year, the only reason they do is that the owner does not seat the rods furrels together right,

Metal= pull straight together .

Composite / Graphite = pull and turn to bottom out, then twist.:wink:

16. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    i bank fish and all i use is 1 pc i have used 2 pc but never glued them together if you do just buy a 1 pc rod

17. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have never owned a one piece rod in my life that I can remember. Now all I fish with are 12' rods which are obviously 2 piece. I have only had one rod break, and it was 100% my fault. Got snagged one to many times for the day and my frustration resulted in a broken 12' rod.

18. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    i dont use 2 piece anymore if i can help it. never broke a 1 piece before

19. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    I have 1 and 2 piece rods with most being 2 piece rods and I never had a problem with them and it sure make it easier to transport those 2 piece rods.

20. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    As Les said.. glueing them together would be about the only way to prevent a broke in half rod.. sure it may be good for cats up to around 20 lbs. but any higher and its pushin' it.:eek:oooh::wink: