2 peice?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Curly, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Curly

Curly New Member

State:
    OHIO
    A good idea or bad for big flats?

2. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Why not?????? I know a lot of guys who use 2 piecers

3. Curly

Curly New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I wanted to hear that,im going to have to get that catmaxx rod. $40 bucks....brand new....thanks brother.

4. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    I dont think a two peace is as strong as a single peace and the action dosn't carry down evenly from one peace to the other

5. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    A good quality two piece is great, caught 50lb flatty on a two piece LAMIGLAS rod that is older than me and it didnt bother it a bit.

6. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Just super glue it that will solve everything.

7. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    Curly, You will be more than satisfied with the 2 piece CatMax. You stated that it is a 10' version, but is it a Casting or spinning version? I have 5 spinning and 1 casting version and they are WORK Horses!!!!! They will perform the jobt that you need and not even blink. The action that I am using is the Heavy. The 10' and 11' versions are still sensetive enough to feel the nibbles when a fish is playing with the bait. I am not saying that you should use it for all fishing, but for BIG Cats, you are set! JMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOPPY4

8. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I have two 2 piece spinning rods that I use for flats and a one piece casting rod. The 2 piece rods are much more convient and I have never had any problems with bigger flatheads.

9. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Traditionally two piece rods have always been a little weaker than one piece rods, but the difference now is minimal.

The main difference will be a very slightly weaker spot at the joint and slightly different action at the joint.

Either way, every rod I have longer than 7' (and many of them shorter than that) are 2 piece rods. If you take care of them, they will last and catch fish just fine.

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I like my 2 piece rods,they are pretty strong and a lot easier to pack in a car.

11. Kentucky_Cat_Hunter

Kentucky_Cat_Hunter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have a 9' 2 piece Catmaxx and love it. Medium/Heavy action

12. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I use 2 piece rods and never had a problem with em. Like anything else in life, make sure to get a quality one!!