2 PB's and a lesson learned

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by BigCatter54, Aug 16, 2009.

1. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    What a night! At least for me and my younger brother.

On my way to go out by myself fishing, I tried calling my youngest brother who is 13, and got a hold of him and talked him into going out with me.

Got put in, caught a few asain carp and headed out to a new spot I wanted to try. Since my brother has never caught a catfish on rod and reel in the river before i told him first bite was his..............needless to say we started fishing around 9:45, and at 10:00 we had our first slam....big slam, he could get it out of the rod holder, but didnt even have to worrry about it cuz the fish was hooked up, so I pulled it out of the holder for him (I could tell right away ...good fish, truth be told i thought about taking it) but handed it back to him for the fight, i really wanted him to get a fish, 10 minutes later there is a pig floating up next to the boat, a 55 lb blue, now before anybody says this isnt a 55lb fish, when I got home I hooked up a 40 lb dumbell weight to it and it read right on the money. So I fish in the boat..One new PB..for my brother and for my boat, now here is where the lesson learned came in. My little brother wants to keep the fish.......I told him, this is for you to decide but I want you to think about if this is a female fish, how many babies she could produc, not to mention if we release her she can get bigger for us next time, after talking about it for about five minutes, my little brother made a great choice and let the blue go, I wsa one proud big brother, he exact words were...I never thought of it like that... so we continue fishing, we boat three more dinks and after about thirty minutes of down time we moved spots, after setting in this spot for about thrity minutes my brother starts complaining we should not have left the other spot, about 15 minutes after that we boated another fish which started a frenzy for about 15 mintues in which we boated including the first one 4 fish, which one was my new PB 32 lbs. Great night fishing,, 149 lbs in the boat. Post pics in the morning when I wake up.

Chad

2. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Chad congrats PB, sounds like you had a good night fishing.:wink:

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Way to go Chad. Good of you to take care of little bro.

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    congrats on a great night of fishing and for the release and lesson on CPR.

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Congratulations to both of you!!!

Although, I sat at the bar all night waitin for ya.:wink:

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Chad thanks for sharing your great night of fishing. Congrats to both of you on the PB blue. WTG.

7. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    You can tell it was late by my post, just trying to get the story posted before I went to bed, oh well well heres the picks.

Attached Files:

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Atta boy chad! Great job. Thanks for sharing the story and congrats on the two new personal best. I hope your brother catches that fish again when she weighs 90! Guess you got the new knocked off those rigs? Lol

9. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Heres mine

Attached Files:

10. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Appears that way:roll_eyes:, hope this wasnt just a fluke, guess if you put enough time in a area eventually your gonna be out when the bite is on.

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Been alot of nice fish caught lately for sure but the time you spend on the water is invaluable. Congratulations on a fine outing. That smile on your brothers face is priceless and great pictures too!

12. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    nice job! congrats on the pig. sure looks like the bigger ones are starting to get more frequent.

13. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Way to go Chad!! That beats a night in the bar anytime. Good job on a great night. Thanks to your brother for choosing to return his hawg. Who knows it might grow to be the next record...?

14. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Great job on putting your brother on a fish. It wont be hard to convince him to go again :wink:

15. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Congrats on the PBs and great CPR lesson sounds like little bro. is going to be a good catfisherman.:wink::big_smile:

16. Shutupandfish

Shutupandfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Great night of fishing bud, sorry i didnt answer my phone last night, i left it at the house. I dont think i would have been in any shape to go fishing last night. I ws planning on going tonight, but i think these storms are going to put a damper on that. Did you catch those fish on the same structure we were at and down river a little bit?

17. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Very nicely done.I wish I'd catch one like those.

18. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    nice fish chad wish i could have gone:embarassed:

19. MoDamselfly

MoDamselfly New Member

State:
    Mo
    Thats awesome! Great lesson learned and a great night fishing.