Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

2 new personal bests in one night!!!!!

2K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  CBurns87 
#1 ·
went with my buddy "fishin' fool" out to a local lake in moberly tonight to get a few lines wet and try to catch some fish. caught some perch for bait and got the boat out and anchored. at about 9:30 i had a good bite and set the hook. got the fish to the boat and it was a 13 1/2 lb channel (personal best) which beat my old pb of 8lbs by quite a bit. so i was feeling pretty good of myself at the time. rebaited and threw my pole back out in the water. was sittin around b s for a couple minutes and bam the same pole i just threw out smashed down again. when this fish came up it was much larger than the last one. it was a 23 1/2 lb flathead. not only was this my personal best but it was the first flathead i had ever caught on rod and reel. man o man i had a smile on my face from ear to ear.:big_smile: sure makes it worth fishin to hook into a big fish like that. i have already accomplished all my goals i wanted to get this year fishin so now its time to step it up and keep hittin it hard. just want to say thanks to paul for havin such a great website and to all of my fellow brothers on here for all of the great info. on a side note both of these fish were released especially since this was in a small city lake that conservation swears has no flatties in it:wink: im leaving for memphis in the morning but jimmy is supposed to post the pics for me so hopefully u guys will get a chance to check them out.

#15 ·
Bet you're glad I talked you into fishing that lake last night aren't you Jeff? Glad I could be there and be a part of the experience. Two PB's in one night is a pretty good feat (even though I didn't catch anything) :sad2:.
Just thought you guys should know, I did let him fish in my spot because he's always saying "Ahh, there ain't no big fish in here". Just wanted to prove him wrong...or should I say, let him prove himself wrong :wink:.

I'll get the pics uploaded to my computer and get them posted on here in a few minutes. CONGRATS Jeff!!!

#22 ·
Congrats on both PBs. Going out again tonight (3rd day in a row) to try to catch my first flattie...the only thing im getting right now is damn gar!:smile2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.