2 new PB for me!!!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rivercatsc, Sep 23, 2007.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Fished this weekend in the lower lake drifting both days. My Pb blue was 39# and now its a 40#(not a big deal). My PB flattie was 43# and I smoked it with a 60.1# HAWG! I have been cursed with the 50# curse for long enough and it finally happened. I am so excited I cant harly sit still. I will post pics in the morning right now I need to get in the bed cause I have been up since 5am sat morning.

2. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Congrats can't wait to see the pics!

3. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    James, It make you feel good to get a catfish that large. especially since we know there's not many of them anymore.
    Where did you find a decent landing to launch your boat?
    Congratulations

4. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Congrats James on breaking two of your PB!!! Awesome catch brother!!:cool2:

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    congrates on the flathead james!

6. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Way to go James , can't wait to see pics.

7. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Great job. I know you are excited!!

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations on the 2 new PB's. what was the depth you were drifting and what bait. WE NEED DETAILS:smile2:.

9. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Way to go, James :big_smile:

10. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Our phone connection wasn't too good yesterday, but I got enough of it to share your excitement, James. Your finish in the tournament is just more proof of how many great fishermen we have on this site! :big_smile:

11. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    James, congratulations on your catch.

12. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Way to go James, Now you just have to work on that 50 lb blue and it will come, and I hope soon.

13. FLATHEADJOE

FLATHEADJOE New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    james congrats on your winning fish,ya'll shoud have seen him with that cow on his shoulder walking from the boat to the scales,looked like a proud popa.The BOC had another good showing james captured the big fish pot and my partner and myself managed a second place total wieght(144.5 lbs with 145.5 taking first) missed it by one pound(dang it lol)we fished the forest for flatties all day saturday with nothing to show for our efforts but an 18 lb blue,then we went to the lower lake and set up in water knee deep and before we could get the rods out it was on we fought fish all night then morning came and that was it.had a great time and it was goog meeting you james we'll get together and fish the river soon.

14. catch & release

catch & release New Member

State:
    SC
    Good job James and Joe. I fished in it as well, but we didn't do much to brag about. I won it a few years ago, and I remember I was so sleepy I wasn't even excited when they handed me the $......but I did get excited the following day after I was rested up! I was worried about catching "too many" over 36 inches, but we only caught one over 36" that weighed about 25. We didn't bother to weigh in. Joe did you catch all of your big fish shallow? I fished shallow most of the night without much luck

15. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I'm really happy for ya !!! Cant wait to see the pics.

16. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    congrats on the not one but two new PB's...man that's some great fishing!!!

17. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Congrats to you to Joe that was agreat finish. You still cant wipe the smile off of my face. We just never could find those 3 average sized fish we needed. We were drifting in the lower part of the lower lake for both days and caught fish almost constantly but with the exception of those 2 big fish all the rest were in the 2-5lb range. Almost everything we caught was on live perch in about 25-35ft deep day and night. We did manage to catch some on cut eel and had a great bite on the live eel just seconds before catching the 40lb blue on live white perch. My partner was asleep and I was upset cause some buddies of mine from my fishing club had called me earlier that night and asked how we were doing and we only had that 1 40lb blue and a zillion dinks. He said that someone had already weighed a 59lb flathead and they had caught 14 fish and were already culling 20+lb fish, they were fishing in the upper lake and I was kiking myself in the but not going were I had planned sinse last year to go, but we said we were going to the lower lake and drifting there the whole time no mater what. The very back rod got a good bite and I picked it up and nothing there so I put it back in the rod holder and no sooner than I did it loaded up big time. I started hollaring and my bubby wouldnt even get up he said I was hung a stump. Finally he realized I wasnt messing with him and the fight was on. It was a good fight on that med action pole with a ambassdor 5500. The 60lber was released alive but the 40lber wa not healthy enough so I didnt want to release him and he die. Hard to keep a fish that size alive and healthy for 16 hours. It worked out and we had a great time and cant wait to get right back down there. It was good to meet everyone and I was glad to have on my BOC representing this great club. I have learned more than I could ever imagine right here. Thanks to everyone on the BOC.

Attached Files:

18. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Congradulations James and Joe.James was your arm wore out when you got that flathead in?

19. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    great job james,congrats on the pb,i bet he was a heck of a fight:wink:

20. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Chris I think it was thge photo sesion with the fish that wore me out the most. Everyone was wanting a pic of it and by the time I released him he felt like he weighed 160lbs.LOL