2 more pb's at kerr 1-1 09

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Brian D, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Brian D

Brian D New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    several members of my family went to kerr today to try our luck.At 11:00 I caught my pb,a 45 lber!!!! feeling on top of the world.My nephew stated it would be cool if he could break my record,then low and behold,30 minutes later,he lands a 50!!!!!!! what a day.He is 14,so he immediately gets on the cell and calls all his buds.We caught the fish on cut skippies in about 20 feet of water.Trying to upload pix.They will be in this weeks Spiro graphic.And my nephew request that this become a New Years tradition,and I fully agreed>

2. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    What a way to start out a new year. WTG and congrats.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Not a bad start on the year at all. Congrats to you and your big fish catchin nephew.

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Way to go guy's ..That is a excellent way to start of the New Year:wink:

5. posifour11

posifour11 New Member

State:
    OK
    congrats to both of you!!! sure seems like a great day and a better memory!!

6. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Sounds like alot of fun to me. Congrats on the new PB's:roll_eyes:

7. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Congratulations on the new PB. You can count on busting that one soon in Kerr... Get a good scale that will read up to 100# and always carry a camera.

I know that it's up to the individual to release the big fish, but I gotta suggest to you that the fishery will be maintained if the big fish are returned to the water and allowed to get BIG!

I personally keep fish up to 10 pounds and all the rest are photographed, weighed and returned to the water healthy and a little bit wiser.

8. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    What a day,2 new PB's

9. CatfishAngler25

CatfishAngler25 New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg,Kentucky
    Sounds like alot of fun and excitement. A great start for the new year. Have fun catching em.