2 more big catfish from the neuse river in North Carolina

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by tammeej, Apr 18, 2006.

1. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    we went out again tonight after the thunderstorm was over and caught 2 more bigflatheads.One wieghed 38 and the other wieghed 40.Same spot as the last big one we caught.heres a couple of pictures.They were both caught on live brim.the second one seemed to fight a lot harder then the first one even though he was only few pounds heavier

Attached Files:

2. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke

3. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    i forgot to say that both of these fish were released unharmed.

4. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    WOW, nice catches! Can I come fish with you Tammee?...LOL

5. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    sure you can fish with me anytime cattledogz!!

6. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    nice:)
    you must have feet of steel. it was cold last night:p

7. roncat3945

roncat3945 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Wow, I sure would have liked to been there for that fun. See you guys at the river soon for some more great carolina fishin.

8. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    Congrats on the nice catches. You must have found a great hot spot as I saw the catch you posted last week. Keep it up and thanks so much for posting pictures.

9. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    yes they have all been in the same spot.i dont know many are there but we seem to catch them there everytime and they are all usually big ones.guess we got lucky and found great spot.

10. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Thats great that you keep catching them, I might come out there tonight but I doubt it, this week I work from 10am-8pm kind of wierd hours, plus my show comes on at 9pm tonight, Deadliest Catch on the discovery channel, cant miss that, so maybe tomorrow. I need to go out there and get my hook and leader back from the monster that snapped my line.

11. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    LOL jason that is a good show.We are going out tonight so ill give u a call if i catch a monster flathead with a hook in his mouth lol.I promise to leave a few for u to catch to lol.

12. RooT_Fantastic

RooT_Fantastic New Member

State:
    NC
    i have to thank tammee for letting me out on the boat and letting me fish with her so much... only a little longer until i get my boat int he water and then we can go abuse mine for a while :)

13. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    Dave went out again tonight and caught another catfish.wasnt quite as big as the last one but you cant catch big ones everytime.nice fish Dave.heres a picture

Attached Files:

14. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks Tammee!
    I just wish we could get some interest in a NC gathering. It would be neat to meet, fish, and share some good times in our own state.....

15. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Dang, after as well as y'all have been doing I nearly spit my iced tea all over my puter when that pic came up!...ROFL

16. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC

That would be great!!! would love to meet everyone.You sound like you would be a lot of fun to fish with Barb.LOL glad u liked that picture of the MONSTER cat dave caught lmaooooooooooooo

17. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Great catch!!

Glad to hear you are releasing them. I think the "FISH GOD's" are smiling on you and allowing you to catch more BIG fish!!!

18. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC

Thanks Wylie and your right about the Fish Gods smiling.Hope he doesnt stop lol

19. Don Miller

Don Miller New Member

State:
    NC
    nice fish...I'm looking forward to finding some like that

20. nccatfish1

nccatfish1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i'm in clayton nc and really the only part of the neuse river i can fish is really shallow unless i drive all the way to kinston. i dont have a boat or anything, do you think that bank fishing for flathead and channel cat fishing will be anygood. any info will be appreciated thanks wayne