2 lives lost on the river yesterday

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by liplifter, Aug 4, 2009.

1. liplifter

liplifter New Member

State:
    indiana
    1 @ the 16th st. dam and one I think in Martisville at a dam,They haven't found the second one yet according to the star.The second was useing a cast net to catch bait.

2. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Considering the people who usually frequent the Dam in Martinsville I am surprised it took this long to hear about this!. They walk right out on the dam up to their waste to fish or use a net for bait, I am not sure what they are thinking, but it aint good!.

They take their entire family with them kids included, and not 5 minutes after they get there the kids are in the water, I am talking 4 - 5 kids, some being approx. 7 or 8 years old to as small as 3 or 4 years old.... I am not sure how smart they are, but I bet now they will "wake up" a little bit!

Or at least I hope so!!!

3. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    That is such a sad thing to hear. My thoughts go out to their families. The river is not something to take lightly. Things can go from good to bad in a hurry. I hear about drownings all too often, especially when most can be avoided. I hope everyone on here will pay attention to what they are doing and stay safe. Fishing is supposed to be fun, lets keep it that way by coming home to our families at the end of the day.

4. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    I worked maintenence at Rocky Point Marina and Campgrounds last summer and we had a family there one time that just didn't care. They let their kids (ages 7-16) swim to the other side of the river to get to a rope swing about a 1/4 mile up. A few of them weren't even wearing life jackets. We got a couple guys with boats to run out and get them when they got about halfway across and got tired. When they got back the mother of the kids was yelling at US because we went and got them!!! :angry::angry::angry: Some people just don't respect the water and don't think of what could happen.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Our prayers go out to the families of these individuals. God Bless

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I tell everyone that goes out with me. The river will kill you. Ya wanna act foolish its a decision you made and there are possible ramifications.

7. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yea it never hurts to be reminded to be safe first and foremost.

Prayers to the two families

8. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    I've sat and watched so many people walking over those dams while fishing. Never liked watching it either because I always figured someone was going to go over and under. You can never be too careful around dams, or any other place with swift currents. It doesn't matter if your an expert swimmer or not, it's better not to risk your life.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thoughts and Prayers are sent for the family. This is sad.

10. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hate to hear the tragedy. Prayers are with all involved.

11. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sad. We have a few members that fish that Martinsvile area alot, hope it wasnt one of our guys. Anybody hear from Whiteriverbigcats or Riverbuggy4x4 lately?

12. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    hey barry werent those two boys headed to Dale Hollow to go fishing?

13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah they're fine, WWBC called me from my house yesterday while I was about 5 miles down the river smallie fishing, catching shad and gettin' ready for the flattie bite.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  14. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    how in the world did you do that bill? you loose any gear?:confused2:

15. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Thats a shame prayers for thier families

16. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lol seen that before I removed it huh? lol
    man, my stupid mistake and a rookie boat mate leaned the boat so much water rushed in the side and sunk the boat in about 1 second... the current pinned the my boat under water against sunken tree... I did manage to save the boat and motor though, but I lost 3 rod and reels, all my tackle, my camera, sonar and cell phone is ruined.... some misc. stuff.... real bad night for me lol

17. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    That a sad thing to hear.

18. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My thoughts go out to their families

19. indycatman

indycatman New Member