2 lines with 2 baits?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Dogfish, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Dogfish

Dogfish Guest

could you have one pole with two liters with 2 hooks with two baits? would this be more productive?

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

You could have one it called a double drop rig. I use it when fishing for spot and croaker. At times it could be more productive but I think two catfish could break your line. It would be a good way to catch bait are if you were catching little bullheads and channels you would be ok

3. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    In salt water, its common to use a double drop line. Its doubtful your pole would be broken, most of us don't catch whoppers and I don't believe if that is your target, you are going to use a double drop. But, I'd use the same bait on both drops, gets more of the odor out. I've a friend who does it all the time for catfish. He does get two on at the same time. I prefer two or more rods, covers more territory.

4. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    i use 3 rods, 2 with carolina rigs set up, and then one with a slip sinker, plastic bead, 3 way swivle, then 2 leaders, 2 hooks, and 2 differnt baits, its worked for me, i just like to switch it up and give a cat a choice on which bait to bite :)

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    That might be a bad idea. I wont fish with two hooks, unless I was fishing for bait.

6. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The double hook rig has been very productive when drift fishing or fishing under a float for me. I normaly use 2 differant baits untill i figure out what the fish prefer.