2 lines with 2 baits?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Dogfish, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Dogfish

Dogfish Guest

could you have one pole with two liters with 2 hooks with two baits? would this be more productive?
  2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

You could have one it called a double drop rig. I use it when fishing for spot and croaker. At times it could be more productive but I think two catfish could break your line. It would be a good way to catch bait are if you were catching little bullheads and channels you would be ok

3. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    In salt water, its common to use a double drop line. Its doubtful your pole would be broken, most of us don't catch whoppers and I don't believe if that is your target, you are going to use a double drop. But, I'd use the same bait on both drops, gets more of the odor out. I've a friend who does it all the time for catfish. He does get two on at the same time. I prefer two or more rods, covers more territory.
  4. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

i use 3 rods, 2 with carolina rigs set up, and then one with a slip sinker, plastic bead, 3 way swivle, then 2 leaders, 2 hooks, and 2 differnt baits, its worked for me, i just like to switch it up and give a cat a choice on which bait to bite :)
  5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

Montgomery, Alabama
    That might be a bad idea. I wont fish with two hooks, unless I was fishing for bait.
  6. BAM

BAM New Member

The double hook rig has been very productive when drift fishing or fishing under a float for me. I normaly use 2 differant baits untill i figure out what the fish prefer.