2 hours of Catfishing!

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ec43146, Jun 14, 2009.

1. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Went to the lake last night for a couple of hours. Spent the first 15 minutes catching bait then went to cattin. First run was like something hit my line and got wrapped in it, after reeling it in a couple of feet it took off. I set the hook and knew it wsn't a cat, turned out to be about a four or five lb bass. About 5 minutes later my second and last run, clicker screaming I engaged the reel and set the hook. This one was definately a cat, it was a channel about 5 or 6 lbs. Sorry forgot my camera so no pics, I won't forget it again.:confused2:

2. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Nice to see you had some luck. I got skunked bigtime last night.

3. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    better luck than i had too, i hooked into 1 nice fish that got me into a snag, then missed the only other run i had all night

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good deal man... Any night catching is a good night on a lake....rollo

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Glad to hear you had a little luck. Only had a couple runs last night an came up empty.

6. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT New Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    Congrats on your fish.I went on my pontoon last night cattin with my ole buddy fred he caught a 4lb plus largemouth on a shad head ,we also caught couple of channels around 1lb-1 1/2 range.A few fews back at the same lake i caught a 4lb or so largemouth about 4 am on a live chub.I lucked out yesterday at a yard sale and bought a st croix classic cat rod and reel for 40.00.It had a shakespeare tidewater reel on it ill sell for about 20.00 and only have 20.00 in the rod.:big_smile:

7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrtas on the fish,what lake was ya fishing at?

8. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was fishing Deer Creek where it enters the marina

9. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    cool,thats a nice little spot right there

10. catfishassassin

catfishassassin New Member

State:
    ohio
    went out for an 3 hr last night in small pond by apartment complex, hit a nasty shovelhead on my spincaster and HAD somethin big on my new baitcaster..... took in into the roots though and lost it. not bad for teaching myself how to use a baitcaster and using it for the first time.

11. catfishassassin

catfishassassin New Member

State:
    ohio
    than i came back 2 nights later by myself with my daiwa SPINCASTER and got em........ 40 lb shovelhead livin in a 5 ft deep mini pond. took me half hour to reel him in and 3 minutes to get back outta the water after he pulled me in. didnt have a netman, and my net was 20 times to small. ended up bustin my line and jumped head first in and grabbed em up by the mouth. BOOYAKA!!!!!

12. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    By shovelhead do you mean Flathead?

13. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    shovelhead ,flathead same thing