2 hooks per bank Pole

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by wicooner, Jul 7, 2009.

1. wicooner

wicooner New Member

State:
    WI
    On the Mississippi River (WI regs) we can only use 5 bank poles per license. However, each line may contain 2 hooks. I was thinking of trying to run two different baits at two depths on each pole. Has anyone tried this with success? Any tips, tricks or advice?

2. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i've often thought about usin 2 hooks but haven't tried it, my concern was that my live bait (sunnies) would swim around gettin all tangled up, i'd like ta see some responses too:wink:

3. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    I use two hooks on set and limbline sometimes. I've never had a problem with live bait getting tangled as long as I was in moving water.

4. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    I've never tried it except when I had a real big livebait and double hooked it years ago. What kind of rigging do you run to keep them separate?

5. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    I don't fish with bank poles, but I fish with two hooks all the time with my rods and reels unless I'm using live bait. I tie the same knot they use on the 2 and 3 drop leaders you buy for pier fishing and tie a hook on each end of the line, and I put my weight above the leader. You can also tie two leaders to the same swivel or a three-way swivel, or use one leader and tie a loop in the middle for another hook. I don't like the loop in the middle of the swivel.

With live bait, I definitely would not use two hooks.

6. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    On a setline, I'll put a 6-8oz bank sinker on the very end of the line first, then one to two feet above that I use a simple over hand knot to make a loop about 6 inch long and the same for the second hook however much higher I want it. Just attach your hooks with the simple "loop through the eye". Always hook your live bait in it's back half. That way its tendency is to swim away from the main line and not rap around it.