2 hook rigs with one hook adjustable?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by ShilohRed, Nov 17, 2008.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I am tying up some 2 hook rigs, and the top hook can slide up and down the leader. Now its not easy to slide. But does move. That way say your using whole skipjacks. And the ones your getting are 6" long and then some are 8 or 9" long. Adjust the top hook where its through the lip or head. Then the bottom one half way down. This rig allows the bottom hook to be where you need it.
    Think this kind of 2 hook rig would be something you would use and buy?
    Pete

2. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Pete
    You know every good invention must undergo a lot of research and development before they are ready to hit the market. I would volunteer to be a test case and try them out for you. LOL

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    do you think the tor hook would slide down against the bottom hook with a big fish on? that would be the only worry about it for me.. but other than that it sounds like a good idea..

4. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Agreed. Also, I'd be afraid of the hook slipping while being set. I had a similar rig done with a bobber stop and small bead on either side of the hook. I knew it'd slip but I used it anyways, and of course it resulted in lost fish.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Don't sound like something that I would use. When using two hooks, I prefer them both to be fixed to prevent tangles

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Guys this type of rig has been used for years. There used in salt water fishing. And striper fishing. Yes the top hook can be pulled down after getting a hook set on a fish. But a fish will have a hard time doing that. As its not easy to slide it down the line.
    I will do more test on it and see how well it does. I am sure it will get a good workout at Cumberland City at the fish and camp in Feb.
    Roger I may take you up on testing it also.
    Pete

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I guess if your using such drastic changes in bait size constantly it would work . For me , Striper fishing , I make my own snelled stinger hooks all the same . Even on a 12" gizzard or trout the distance from the mouth to the back of the dorsal fin isn't that far for me to worry about . If its a small bait I don't worry about the extra line ( the loop ) .

I'm not knocking your idea , just giving good honest feedback .

-Jim-