2 HillJacks hitting the big Ohio R in the morning

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by brother hilljack, Jan 23, 2009.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Well it looks like we missed the best day to fish (weather wise), but the HillJacks are heading south to the Ohio River tomorrow morning. We will be putting in at Ripley and fishing East.

Anybody hit the part of the river in the last week or so? How was the fishing? What about the River in general, How is it looking?

We got high hopes for tomorrow, but as many of you know................. everytime we hit the water there is a new adventure waiting to happen.

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

2. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck on your trip, hope all goes as planned.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck Shane to you and Willie....rollo

4. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Shane, Good luck to you guys tomorrow. Hope you guys pull a few over the sides.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    :smile2:Good luck to you guys. You pass up the good days and pick the rough, cold days. Your tough. Maybe a redneck.

6. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    good luck you guys hope you catch some good ones i was over in hilljack country yesterday delivery at main& high shortstop

7. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Hope you didn't get lost in the big city!

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Catcrazed hit up Ripley yesterday, said there wasnt a lick of current making it very hard to keep the boat straight when you factor in the wind. We will be down around the city tommorow dealing with same conditions...Good luck to you guys..

9. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    The Ohio River is not big enough for a HillJack Attack!

10. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Have a blast hon, ya'll deserve it! Catch a BUNCH!

11. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    hope you hilljacks catch some gooduns, Im heading down to racine to set the hook on a couple, and do a lil scouting....Good Luck Bros

12. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    lol yea you dont want to blink an eye in that town cause youd miss it for surelol

13. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Brother why you want to talk about that adventure thing. You know when adventure happens to a hilljack its never good..

14. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
  15. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    All adventure is good!!!

Its now 0407 and the Hilljacks will be setting sail in a couple of hours. Conditions are looking cold,................. but very good!

16. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Hope it has been good for ya.....let us know how u did.

17. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Well the Ohio River up around Ripley was unforgiving. Man it was cold and the wind was just howling down the river. Water temp was 33.4 degrees in most places. I would say the wind averaged 10-15 knots with gust up to 25. The wind was presenting such a strong reverse top current that it was almost impossible to fish most holes.

Great news!! The HillJacks hit the water and did not have a single mechanical problem.

Normal news:sad2:! We didn't catch any fish, although we can say we got two little tiny bites!

We did manage to catch A Large Amount of Shad that were anywhere from 5-12 inches (perhaps bigger) so the trip was not a total waste.

Had a great time with my brother (we don't get to fish together much) and wouldn't have missed it for anything!! We will get them next time

18. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    where did you guys find the shad at. mouth of a creek or out in the river???

19. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Found the shad at a little discharge coming in about three feet out of the water. 10" and 12" shad so thick I was catching them in the dip net while Shane was catching them with the cast net. Caught then just above the Aberdeen ramp.

20. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey now I remember the past 2 times we have been on the same stretch of water I got skunked and you caught the fish! It was just my turn this time!LOL:smile2::wink: