2 days on Truman Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by whisker_chaser, Aug 26, 2006.

1. whisker_chaser

whisker_chaser New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was down there Wednesday and Thursday day and night and didnt have too great of luck at all. I caught one flathead that I would guess weighed in at around 20 lbs. I also caught one of the most enormous snappers I have ever seen. I used carp, goldfish, and perch. The water is unbelievably low and hot. I think that it is still too early for the fall feed. Gars and turtles are abundant as ever though. I tried to upload pics of all but I couldnt get them to upload it said they were too big and I dont know how to downsize them.

2. Cut bait

Cut bait New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    Friday and Saturday they were tearing it on Truman but those storms Friday morning and Saturday morning were real bad.
    The biggest fish we caught was around lbs or so.

3. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Great fishing, Ben!! Thanks for sharing!!

4. whisker_chaser

whisker_chaser New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It didnt show up on my computer cut bait. Were you catching flats or blues or what? I figured that storm rolling in would cool things off and maybe spur a bite. I am going to head back down there in a few weeks and try to slam em'.

5. Cut bait

Cut bait New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    They were blues and the bite was pretty good all day but the shad were scattered.