2 Days Of Hunting I'll never forget!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Outdoor Adventures' started by stoney, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stoney

stoney New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    My 11 yr old girl killed her first buck Saturday and my 13 yr old killed a nice one Sunday. It was a great weekend and I'm still pumped up and very proud. There's not a another feelin like it in the whole world as when I got to see the look on their faces when that big monster dropped.

Allright heres the story of the 2 best hunts I've ever had, and I didn't even have a gun. It was on a Saturday evening. My 11 yr old daughter, my 13 yr old son and I. She was hunting with a 30/30 and he was using a 30/06 auto. We sat in this home made deer blind I set up the day before because I knew they would get a shot before the day was up. I'd been watching these deer for about a week and their pattern hadn't changed, so I knew one would get a shot. Well after 3hrs of sitting and with the sun going down quick, I was starting to worry. So with it getting dark I told them, "lets go". Just as we stepped out of the blind 5 bucks stepped out of the woods. One was at least a 160 or 170. I told them to be still and dont move. We couldn't go back in the blind at this point. I thought they would come straight up the fence row, but they surprised me and went right into the woods just down from us. I told them they would come thru the woods and come out right out on the other side of the fence right in front of us. 2 minutes later 2 or them stepped out and I'm looking for the big one but he never showed himself. One was a 5 and one was 6. So I started to walk down a little and maybe make some noise to jump the big guy out. But I didn't get 10 feet when boom was all i heard! I looked around and my daughter had the most craziest look on her face. She jumped up and hollered out "I got him daddy! I got him!" Sure enough, there he laid on the other side of the fence about 60 yrds from us. It was so intense I felt like I just shot my first deer! Well my boy was mad! He knew that big one was on his way out the same way, but it did'nt happen. So Sunday evening we were in the same spot with the same set up. But no deer! He was getting pretty upset because he knew his little sister had out done him! He just could'nt stand it. LOL Well we had started back to the 4 wheeler when I thought I would look one more time at the wood line where the deer had been coming out. Sure enough there he was scratching his back with his rack, looking like the king of the jungle. It was almost dark, I mean you could barely see the deer that was out in the field. I told my boy to set up on him and let it go. But he couldn't find the deer in the scope, it was almost too dark. Well the other deer were out in the field and didn't have the trees to hide them. The big buck, which I knew if he didn't shoot then, I would probably never see again this year. I kept telling him, "right there, right in front of the big tree, right there. Shoot it!" All he could say was "I cant find it in my scope dad." So I looked up and told him to shoot the one right in front of him. So he threw the gun up and let it rip! When the deer dropped, I thought he'd shot the little 5 pointer that was out there! But when we got up to it I saw different. It was the best 2 days of hunting i have ever been on! To see my kids shoot those deer and to hear them brag about it for a week was just too much. I hope you guys enjoyed this story as much as I enjoyed the hunt!

[​IMG]
    My son's buck

[​IMG]
    Another picture of my son's buck

[​IMG]
    My daughter's buck​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.