2 boys first birds!

Discussion in 'Bird Hunting' started by iowacatter, Nov 4, 2006.

1. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well, I'm about as stoked as I can be!!! We went hunting this morning, and bagged our limit of birds.

Then we came back and picked up our boys: Rodgers, Dayton-12, and Ryon-13, and my son Cody-12. None of these boys had ever gotten a pheasant, but they hang in there like troopers!!

We got into the birds GOOD, and Dayton and Cody both bagged there first pheasant EVER!!

Both boys took them with one well placed shot. We have tried to preach to them to make the first one count and not just try to "spray" shoot them!

We couldn't have been prouder, and I believe my chest is still swelled a little!! :big_smile:

Just wanted to share this moment with you all!! Thanks for viewing!

Attached Files:

2. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Wanted to ad another pic, this one is our total harvest for the day!

Attached Files:

3. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    tell your boy i siad congrats, i remember my first deer, coyote, squirrel, catfish, bass, everything just like it was yesterday. long live the outdoor life:wink:

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    good job stan , thats passing on a family tradition .
    those are great looking pheasent

5. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    SSSSTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNnn, congrats!!!!!

Tell Cody congrats too. Thought about having it mounted for him? At least he'll have the photos. I'm sure you'll be filled with pride every time you look at them.:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

6. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Jayson, Chuck, and Kelli, Thanks and I will tell him congrats for you. I told him that we would get his first one mounted, but he thought it looked a little scrawny:lol:, so he wants to wait until he gets a bigger one! Thanks again!

7. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Congrats on you and your suns hunting! Its great to see a dad pass on a great tradition and preserving conservation!

Kenny

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Stan tell the boys congrats ,and congrats to you guys also for passing on the heritage

9. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Love those Iowa Roosters! I hunt every year just south of you in Missouri, Scotland County. A monster high five to the young guns. Smart boy you have. In a few more weeks those old roosters will have tail feathers as long as Iowa is wide. Now that will be a pretty mount. Fried strips of pheasant breast. I'm drooling like Homer Simpson for donuts.

10. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Congrats and thanks for passing on the tradition to the young ones!!!!

11. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    Congratulations on the harvest! It is great to pass on the hunting heritage! Your children will have memories for years to come. Good luck th rest of the season!

12. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Stan... OHHHH MAN.... I am sitting here in the Lay-z-Boy wiping the drool from my lips.

Congrats to Cody first off...

Nice harvest of birds. I hear that Iowa is down 25% this year? With a harvest like that I am starting to think they may have told me this to keep me out LOL

Time to go clean ol' faithful...:eek:oooh:

13. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    it's a great thing being there when a kid kills the first anything.... good job!

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Stan, I can see why you are proud! And I can only think how those boys must feel. Thanks for the pics and taking the boys hunting. They all will never forget that day. Sure got into the pheasants, I know that was exciting for all. Makes me think of the times I went with my brothers in north TX.

15. KSflatheadKING3511

KSflatheadKING3511 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    nice birds but if your looking for a knockout weekend go to western kansas aroung Grahm county. this past Nov my dad and i went with some family and freinds (we go twice a year in nov and jan with about 9-15 guys) for a weekend and after 4 days hunting we killed 78 roosters and about 13 quail really good hunting out there but tell cody congrats on the rooster