2-515, oh brother

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by TX Fisherman, Dec 25, 2006.

1. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    ok so 2 healthy wild hogs can breed 3 times a year with up to 15 hogs in each liter, and after one year a hog is ready to breed, which means 2 healthy hogs can grow to over 500 in the course of 5 years! that is not good at all

2. SNAGGED

SNAGGED New Member

State:
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    Thats amazing. thanks for the post.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats a bunch of pork thanks for that info

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm glad they haven't gotten around here yet. that's a lot of competition for the deer food.

5. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    yeah here in texas they say theres 2 kinds of property, the ones that have hogs, and the ones that will

6. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    it sure makes for some fun hunting tho

7. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    sounds pretty exciting to me. thanks for the post.

8. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I think that would hurt the deer population,but I've heard Texas has a bunch of deer as well.Since hogs can't digest some things deer can, it does leave some food for the deer.

9. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    yeah they can cause real huge problems, they eat and eat and eat, tear up food plots, ruin fences. the only good thing about em, is they taste really good!

10. TX Catman

TX Catman New Member

State:
    Texas
    The only thing good about hogs is that their fun to hunt!! And their really tough too they can take 2 .223 bullets to the side and still not knock them down. U got to hit them in the ear

11. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    we have had hogs for a while now and i haven't seen any noticeable difference in the deer population. they are fun as heck to hunt, and taste awesome. i am not a farmer though... those are the ones that get hurt by the growing hog population in texas.

12. Who

Who New Member

State:
    Texas
    My sons raised hogs in Highscool, a piglet (45-50lbs started withing the first month of school) will reach 250 easy by the first of Jan. This was the first show of the year.
    Most of the groups of hogs I see around here, at night, are in a group of about 10 to 15. If there are at least 6 sows in that group (breading age) say they have 10 piglets 3x a year. 180 piglets, say 1/2 are sows that will reach breeding age within a year........ You do the math.
    About the only thing that will take on these things are a big cat or us.
    Over 9 years ago I read a report (from the parks and wildlife) that said that the est. hog population here in Texas was 2,000,000. It went on to say that there are two types of land owners in Texas. The ones that have hogs and the ones that will have hogs.
    A month or so ago here in Lubbock a big hog was shot in one of the city parks.

13. WOOD18

WOOD18 New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    I HAVE HEARD THAT A HOG WILL EAT A BABY DEER AND CALVES THAT HAVE BEEN JUST BORN. I HAVE ALSO HEARD THAT SOME RANCHERS HAVE BEEN CALLING UP HOGS WHEN FEEDING THEIR CATTLE. I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT THESE THINGS ARE UNPREDICTABLE.