2-28-09 Lake Wateree Tournament Results

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by martygreen, Feb 28, 2009.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Well Folks,It was RAINING Today:crazy:,but what a great time we had,The rain didnt seem to hurt the turnout too bad,we were greatly surprised again,It was an awesome turnout as a matter of fact,We were hoping to bust the 30 boat mark this time and we would have very well done that if not for the rain and a few being out of town.
    We had 48 participants and 23 boats total show up:wink:Awesome folks for the weather we had.Man it was wet and windy but it didnt stop some of Waterees big bruisers from showing up,the bite was good for alot of teams,I didnt get a total of all fish weighed but I did not hear of any boats getting skunked.The anchor biye and the drift bite seemed to be pretty much equal today in terms of the amount of fish caught,fish were caught on a wide variety of baits.
    Now down to the Business end:
    Bobby and Scott Miller put on another fine show today,these guys are always in the money it seems,They got 1st with a 3 fish total of 92lbs and big fish for the tourney of 50.5lbs which was caught at 2:45,15 minutes before end.
    Dean Birch and Seth Williams come up 2nd with 72 lbs,and Marty and Jeff Green came in 3rd with 67.5 lbs.

We wanna thank everyone for showing up today in a whole lot less than stellar conditions,but it was another great show by some fine participants,look foward to next one already,here is a rundown of the top 6 spots and a few pics,Thanks again Guys.

1st-Bobby and Scott Miller 92 lbs $480 and Big Fish 50.5 lbs $220
    2nd-Dean Birch and Seth Williams 72 lbs $280
    3rd-Marty and Jeff Green 67.5 lbs $190
    4th-Clay,David,Larry Henderson and Gary Morton 66 lbs
    5th-Rodger Taylor 61 lbs
    6th-Mark Stanley and Jimmy Morton 51 lbs

Attached Files:

2. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    One more pic of the Big Fish of the Day

Attached Files:

3. Stump Grinder

Stump Grinder New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Marty & Jeff,
    Thanks for putting on a great tournament. Good job.

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    As I sit here in the Las Vegas airport in shorts and 70 degree weather, I almost caught a chill looking at those pictures from the tournament!! :smile2:

Another fine catch of fish folks. Like I said before, when you get that many catmen out on the water someone will find some whoppers no matter how bad the bite is. :wink:

Congrats to the winners and those that placed!!!:tounge_out:

5. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Thanks for another fine job. Congrats to the winners and see you guys at Wylie next month.

6. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Marty and Jeff thanks for hosting the series. I know there is lot of work involved to make it possible for a tournament before and after the event is done. You and Jeff did a good job on the water fishing today.

7. 1bluedevil

1bluedevil New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats to the winners. Thanks to Team Green for another great tournament.

8. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Thanks everyone for the great turnout.It took some dedicated fishermen to stick it out on a day like today.Congrats to Bobby and Scott on the win and all others who placed and fished.Hope to see everyone at Wylie next month.

9. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats to the winners and top finishers!:wink: Great job guys.

10. crappie capt.

crappie capt. New Member

State:
    Rock hill s.c.
    Thanks to the GREEN team,for putting on a good time today.Fished my first catfish tournament today,a little wet but had a ball.Now I know why they call them the GREEN team,they took my $$$$ again today.Also thanks to my captain,STUMPGRINDER for putting us on some good fish today.Also my hats off to all the guys out there with the smaller boats with no tops,yall dont need a bath for a week.

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well done to all who had the grit to tough it out! I hope I can get my enclosure done sooner, rather than later. Yesterday on the river here was rather miserable. :sad2:

Bill in SC

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on a great tournament. Looks like some nice fish were caught

13. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Congrats to all of the teams for just showig up and fishing. Congrats to the winners and another amazing stringer.

14. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    This was our first time fishing with these guys. Myself and screaminclickersc had a great time even with the nasty weather. We were able to catch a few fish and even got a new avatar out of it, a 41.5 lb blue. The event seemed to be well run from start to finish. Can't wait to do it again.

15. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Great job Marty and Jeff I was shocked by the turnout. It was horrible out there but enjoyed it.

16. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    congrats to the winners on a fine catch of big cats,and to all the other teams that toughed it out on a rough day,and thanks to sunbird and bigbird,for a good time,and another big thanks to bigbird for all the help with the truck and boat

17. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I'm glad we got it in yesterday even in rainy conditions,with all this rain and snow on the way the Catawba chain of lakes is gonna be getting awful muddy in the next few days.:sad2:
    All of you competitors made it another great tourney despite the weather,got to meet a few new faces and I missed a couple of faces,Mark[lakemoultrieblues]and Jimmy[screaminclickers],I didnt realize that was yall until I was typing up the results and seen Marks new avatar,I apologize for that,sorry,Glad you guys made it out.:wink:

18. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    great tourney , thanks for having it, can't wait till march on wylie:smile2:. i would like to see someone put together a 60lb stringer there , and if anyone can i think this group of fisherman might pull it off , i hope to see yall there, oh yea and thank god for the pontoon with a top. :tounge_out: i got a little hot a couple of times and had to turn the heaters off but all in all i survived :tounge_out::tounge_out::tounge_out::smile2:

19. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I had a great time playing in the rain!:smile2::smile2::smile2: It was nice meeting some of you and I wish I had done better about meeting the rest of you. I believe we were all tired, hungry and damp.........OK SOAKED!!!,, with hands that looked like prunes!!!:smile2:
    Marty I'm sure when I shook your hand you rang out a few drops of rain from mine!:eek:oooh: It was fun and I look forward to fishing with all of you again soon. Congratulations to the winners! Very nice!!!:wink:

20. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Enjoyed the tourny guys,I know the weather made it a little unsociable,no worries.Maybe next time we'll get in on the big fish pot:wink:!