2-16 windy blues

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by cameron_krazie, Feb 16, 2008.

1. cameron_krazie

cameron_krazie New Member

State:
    virginia
    I was planning on trying some new spots today, so I decided to call Josh (jpritch) and see if he would like to go blue chasing. I know he hadnt been on the river in awhile, so I called him. He arrived at my house around 6am and we decided to fish the lower James today. We put in at hopewell and figured the creeks would harbor us from the wind. Well we were so wrong, until the tide changed then the party was on. We really didnt even start fishing untill 11am and finished around 330 pm. We ended up with 10 fish... a 39, 3- 38's, a 30, and 5 fish from 20-25 lbs . Over all not a bad day considering the wind. Bait was real easy, one set of the net and we had around 24 cutters, 3 huge crappie, and a 20lb catfish. Cant complain when its that easy to get bait. We really enjoyed the day, alot of action, easy bait, and good company. I was glad I could put Josh on some good action today. I enjoyed his company and showed him some spots for future fishing.... 02-16-08.jpg

02-16-08 (2).JPG

02-16-08 (3).jpg

2. cameron_krazie

State:
    virginia
    this is the last pic..... 02-16-08 (7).jpg

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Thanks for the report and the pics :cool2:. Congratulations on a great day on the water. One of these days I'm going to have to take a vacation and get up that way to do some fishing.

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Congratulations Mike,What a Super Day You had WOW!!! Thank's for the post and Pictures.J.D.:big_smile:

5. cdf1961

cdf1961 New Member

State:
    va
    three more to go

6. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Nice fish Mike looks like you and Josh had a pretty good day. Thanks for sharing.

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thanx for sharein the pics. Glad ya had a good time.

8. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I was going to fool around with my boat today, work on a storage box, install a new roller on the trailer. Now I have to go fishing after seeing the pictures. Plus I talked to Jeff from Ohio yesterday. He was at the hopewell ramp waiting for the weigh in to start at 5:00. Rumors flying of loads of 50+ pound fish. I bough the Lund so I could fish downstream so a downstream I'm agoing!! Hope to post a picture of two. I know nothing about that part of the river so it will be a hunt for bait balls and drop a hook and see what happens kind of day. Taking my rain coat!!

9. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Congrats Mike & Josh...loooks like a great day on the water.............

Jerry

10. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    nice fish thanx for posting

11. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Good luck out there today Kenneth....catch one for me...lol

Jerry

12. cameron_krazie

State:
    virginia
    I generally dont waste my time posting pics of anything under 30 lb... 2 pics are same fish different holding position. One is mine and one is Josh's...:cool2: