2 1/2 pb FROM LAKE LEON

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JEFFRODAMIS, Jul 6, 2009.

1. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    got out there about 5:45 am sunday had bass minnows and garlic shrimp and about 8 rods out..saw redhorse minnows running into logs so caught a bunch of them in the cast net and ended up catching the biggest dfrum ive ever caught..around 15 lbs..biggest turtle about 40 lbs and had a 10 -12 lb largemouth that i reeled in about 70 yards and it got off 4 feet from the bankas we were walking out to get it lol
    caught several 2-4 lb bass and 2 little channel cats..had way too many turtles eatign our bait, but it was a good time:big_smile:

2. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Sounds like a nice trip.I might have to go over to lkae Leon I have heard alot about it but not fished it yet.

3. kitty_lover

kitty_lover New Member

State:
    texas
    turtles drive me nuts!

4. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Told ya there were some nice bass in there!!!!!!

5. catgrlcali

catgrlcali New Member

State:
    haltom city,TX
    i cant believe how you hooked that turtle lol

6. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    FISH IN THE MOUTH HOLE TURTLES IN THE SOUTH HOLE, thats what my mama always told me:confused2:

7. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    BROKE A ROD OUT THERE LAST NIGHT

8. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Sounds like a blast.

9. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    HUNG YET ANOTHER BIG BASS OUT THERE LAST NIGHT WHILE GILL FISHIN..BLAH NOT A SINGLE BITE ON MINNERS, CUT GILL, LIVE GILL, LIVER..NOTHIN..SECOND STRIKE OUT AFTER BAITING THE AREA WITH RANGE CUBES...CANT EVEN CATCHA CHANNEL LATELY LOL

10. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    7-17
    went out last night and had a couple poles out..caught a couple druma dn a small channel, had a few good hits but no takes...
    most interesting part of the story is my new rod and reel still hasnt caught a fish and ive used it on 6 trips now...well sorta.. was fishing on bottom witha 3" live shad, had a couple bumps on the line and thena good thump so i sat the hook like a lumberjack...nothin there...let it soak a lil longer and reeled it int o check my bait...get it about 10 feet from the bank and realize i do have something on there...my 3" shad was gone and a 8" shad was hooked in the mouth with my 5/0 kahle....npow how does that happen lol...to make it even better i put it back on the hooka n chunked it out there..was getting ready to go and was reeling my line and and it felt weird like a sideways shad..that woulda made sense..thensomething nailed it and bout knocked the pole out of my hand but got no hook in it..continue reeling and and i had a ancient beer can hooked through the side..that woulda been weird enough but what beer battered fish hit it????? :smile2:

11. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Thats some funny $hit jeffro!!!:happy:

12. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    that could have been a state record beer can, lol .hope ya weighed it :big_smile:

13. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Caught a 6 pack last night

14. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Cannot keep from laughing here.

15. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    7-20
    Got to go out with no kids and fish till 1:30!! me my wife my dad and mother in law..our regular fishin team lol..caught several nice channels and bass..few good sandies...had a fella bring us a bucket of mussels..never used them before..apparently channels LOVE them..they were bitin em pretty fast..btu they were bitng everything else also..no big fish but lots of fun

16. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    7-21

our regular crew went back out and fished until 11:30 caught a 3 lb bass on my first cast and thena 8 inch bass on the second so we thought it was going to be a good night...no much action after that...caught 3 largemouth 3lb 3 1/2, and a 4 lb er 2 sand bass 2-2 1/2 lbs and had a line snapped like a twig before we coudl get the rod out of the holder. was only getting bites on minners, nothign touched the fresh live shad or mussels. caught the biggest bass as i was packing up the rods to go he hit about 25 feet from the bank and he hadnt evens tarted to fight and i had him at my feet lol. everybody was too tired from the night before so even though it seemd the bite was about to begin we still left early. probably go back wednesday or friday and try some bigger baits and maybe some stinkbait..still tryin to fill the freezer

17. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    7-24
    Got to the lake around 6 pm and fished till 8 am with liver, mussels, minners, shad, gills, and some small sandies.. my dad hung a lil flatty on a giant gill...caught probably 30 fish all together.few drum bunch of channels, 6 or 7 2-4 lb bass and a few sand bass..

7-25
    on the lake again at around 6 pm fished till 1:30 caught 8 or 10 channels..nothing spectacular

7-26
    fishin at 5:30 left at 10:30 wind picked up to bout 35 mph caught 3 fish, 1 nice bass and 2 tiny channels bout 10 inches long

18. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Hey Jeffro, don't get caught with the sandies on your hook for bait. They are considered a gamefish by TP&W and not legal to use for bait. I wish they weren't, cause the blues love em.

19. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I have no idea what kidn of fish that is sir..was with the shad :tounge_out:

20. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    You know guys, Even YELLOW BASS are not allowed as bait... and there is no limit on yellows but... they are excellent eating! We catch hundreds of them each fall and winter in the cypress river channel at Caddo Lake..