2/0 baitkeeper....

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Nov 10, 2007.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    well when i first started catfishing i used this hook to hold liver and it worked well... i bought some 4/0 baitkeeper hooks for the summertime or bluegill fishhing but the bluegill that a caught are way to small for that hook (the hook sunk em to the bottem ) i read this page http://www.catfishin.net/hooks.html and i think for the catfish i try to catch around here the 2/0 will do fine

wat do yall think

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I think that would be plenty,heck you can get khale and circle hooks in 2/0 and have caught 15-20# channels on them with no problems at all,when tied to your line with the palomer knot.Go for it see how it works out for you.You dont need a hook big enough to land a blue whale to catch a catch a catfish.
    Let me know how it works for you.

3. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    thankyou i wished i talked to you sooner but you see my point of things

i light tackle so i dont think i need a 12/0 hook for what i do

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Yeah some folks go a little overboard,they tie ship anchors and everything else to there lines just because they can.But you dont need all that garbage.For bluegills i use the smallest circle hook i can find which normally is a #6 and put a worm on it and catch those suckers all day.I use different hooks for different stuff but i stay in the same size limit as far as hooks go.For cats 2/0 and 3/0 is what i use.Heck i dont use no 20/0 and junk like that lol.