1st time out this year - Missouri River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Mo.Hick, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Well the wife and I went out on the mo river today. Bait was hard to come by. Had night crawlers and small carp. Ended up catching two sturgen about 14 inches and 1 small blue cat about 2 1/2 pounds. Alot of trash coming down the river and a strong east wind. No mater what it was a good time. Cant wait for next time.

Tom

2. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Where did you put in?

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I put in at 291 ramp.

Tom

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    At least you didn't get skunked Tom! I fished for about six hours with nothing to show but a lot of tangled lines. :angry:

There was so much debris in the water, you couldn't keep the bait down on the bottom. I was the guy that launched right in front of you-now I can put a face with the name.

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I will remember next time I see you so we can officialy intruduce our selves. But no matter what we had a great time. It was like a solom course going up or down the river. Good to meet good people on the river. I hope to get a chance to go next weekend. Just need to find some bait.

Tom

6. JoeFriday

JoeFriday New Member

State:
    Indep. missouri
    I was about to put out at 7 am there but i decided to head to the lake. It just didnt look very luck

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Odd I did not think the river was that bad.

8. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    there was a little trash comin down but not bad enough to stop me from gettin off the couch and fishin'. There were quite a few good fish caught over the weekend in the kc area so someone found a way to keep there baits on the bottom.

9. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    That's odd, I didn't hear of any big fish caught on Sunday. What did you catch Brad?

10. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    45 on sunday several blues in the teens. I went out in the evening but the bite shut off at sundown.

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great job! Perhaps you will have better luck next time.

12. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    The people that I talked to had about the same luck that I did. Does anyone know what the water temp was?

Tom

13. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    It was between 54 and 55 on Saturday, Sunday should have been a tad warmer.

14. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yeah water temp was around 55 56. I did not pay to close attention to it. The bite was defiantly on sunday. I lost a real nice one on the Mo. Have no idea what happened. Thats fishing though. Seemed like the bites happened when the sun was shinning though. I think the fishing will be good as long as the water stays high. Looks like it's going to drop after all. Was hopping it would stay high for one more weekend. Keep that water around the 14 foot range.

15. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Craig and I caught 3 and lost one on Sunday we had 30 some #s total. Hopefully we can find them again this weekend, it would be nice to get into some money!

16. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    I don't know about you guys up that way but down at Weldon Springs Area we us anywhere from a 8oz to a 20+oz weight what ever it take to keep that bait on the bottom dont be afraid to use that heavy weight they will still slam it . Use a slip rig setup and the fish never feel the weight it work real well.