Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the wife and I went out on the mo river today. Bait was hard to come by. Had night crawlers and small carp. Ended up catching two sturgen about 14 inches and 1 small blue cat about 2 1/2 pounds. Alot of trash coming down the river and a strong east wind. No mater what it was a good time. Cant wait for next time.

Tom

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
At least you didn't get skunked Tom! I fished for about six hours with nothing to show but a lot of tangled lines. :angry:

There was so much debris in the water, you couldn't keep the bait down on the bottom. I was the guy that launched right in front of you-now I can put a face with the name.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will remember next time I see you so we can officialy intruduce our selves. But no matter what we had a great time. It was like a solom course going up or down the river. Good to meet good people on the river. I hope to get a chance to go next weekend. Just need to find some bait.

Tom

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
there was a little trash comin down but not bad enough to stop me from gettin off the couch and fishin'. There were quite a few good fish caught over the weekend in the kc area so someone found a way to keep there baits on the bottom.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The people that I talked to had about the same luck that I did. Does anyone know what the water temp was?

Tom

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Yeah water temp was around 55 56. I did not pay to close attention to it. The bite was defiantly on sunday. I lost a real nice one on the Mo. Have no idea what happened. Thats fishing though. Seemed like the bites happened when the sun was shinning though. I think the fishing will be good as long as the water stays high. Looks like it's going to drop after all. Was hopping it would stay high for one more weekend. Keep that water around the 14 foot range.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.