1st Time Catfishing!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by bownero, May 25, 2009.

1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    My relatives from Iowa decided to join us at the lakehouse for Memorial Weekend. Our lakehouse is located at Johnson Lake near Lexington. I'm forunate to have a variety of locations nearby for catfishing, including Johnson Lake, Elwood Res and the Tri-County Canal system that holds some monster flatheads.

My cousin, Kevin, has never caught a catfish. I told him, I could change that for him this weekend. We took the boat to Elwood Res and drifted using blood bait. The first past, I boated a average size 4#. Nice fish. A little while later, my cousin connected on his 1st cat. A nice 3# cat! He was pumped to say the least. He was suprised how much it fought! LOL! "Let's give it some time"; I said. Hopefully will get into some bigger ones! Within a few minutes both our rods loaded up. I got mine in, weighed 4.10# and his weighed 7# even. To say he was excited is an understatement!! LOL! He loves it and wants to come back for another cattin excursion. HECK YA!

here's a couple of pics of my cousin's 1st cats. {channels}..

yeah! It was raining so, Kevin decided to tie a shirt around his head to keep the rain from getting his hair wet!! LMAO! GOOD TIMES!!

Attached Files:

2. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD ALOT OF FUN.YOUR COUSIN PROBLY HOOKED FOR LIFE NOW.CONGRATS ON THE CATCH

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mark I enjoyed the story and pic. WTG. You hooked more than a fish. Great job.

4. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Nice story Mark and nice fish catch. Now you will have to take the blame from Kevin in a few years for being addicted to it..LOL Reps to ya

5. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Great to get someone new involed in some cattin. Tell him not to worry about the shirt on top the head. Sunday I had a drift sock on my head when a pop up rain shower hit us for about 15 minutes. It looked funny but it worked pretty dang good :smile2:.

6. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    It looks like Cuz in the second pic is playing the channel cat piano, LOL. Great story, great pics, and a darn good job out there. Glad ya'll had ton's of fun ; )

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Nice story and pics Mark! :big_smile: Great job turning your cousin Kevin into a Catman! :cool2:

8. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    THANKS FOR THE REPORT.....:wink:

9. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    looks like good fishing, also looks like your cousin just stepped out of the white collar fishing world and into the catfishing world where you do what ever it takes to stay on them, LOL,LOL :smile2:

10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. In case your wondering who the gal in the background is, that's my cousin, Kevin's daughter. She's 13 and looks so bored. LOL! Her cell phone battery ran out, so she couldn't text message her boyfriend anymore!! What a shame!! LMAO! Teenagers!:smile2: