1st Nebraska River Gathering

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA RIVERS TALK' started by fmb, Jul 10, 2009.

1. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Here we go....now lets hear some actual ideas.....and the dates

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  2. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    i think neb city would be a good choice... you have a good sized town within 5 min. if ya need something i.e. run outta bait or food... we got a night tournament on the 8th of aug. here and i'm moving the first weekend of aug. so the first 2 weeks of aug are out for me... labor day week end here is a zoo also

3. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    i think some time in september would be good and it good fishing that time of the year to

4. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    "go big muddy" so are you guys in nebraska city boat fishing or bank fishing????

5. sattv

sattv New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I fish mm651 area and :eek:oooh:it's not to shabby

6. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i got no boat unless steve brings his so ill be on the banks :wink:

7. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    steve thinks that a river closer to where all the ppl are would be a nice thing to try out.... BTW thanx for startin this thread Frankie... i heard a vote for the BLUE RIVER i dont have any problem with that... as for neb city.. been there done that.. now if we could talk James into ropein off Nemaha.. i could possibly be talked into the MO..

8. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    :smile2: u wanna have a fish out at "The Spot"????? im ok with that or up by nemaha, i can do that, theres camping there and boat access down at either brownville or indian cave and u can go ahead and bring ur boat up to the little beach there and just be right on the bank .... me likey:wink:

9. flathead_hunter

State:
    nebraska city
    yeah we both got a boat but nobody want to come all the way here to fish with us... maybe me chris will just get together and go sit on a sand bar and drink beer all night... anyone who want to come let us know:cool2:

10. flathead_hunter

State:
    nebraska city
    i can run from b-ville to neb city on less than a half of tank of gas if anyone wants to ride

11. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    i think them mo river is the best place and yes i have a boat if you guys dont want to fish here thats fine more big for me. your never going to make every one happy or have close to every one lets do a river not a llake and lets do a river worth fishing like the missouri river best cat fishing around at least i think so

12. Huskercat

Huskercat New Member

State:
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Sounds fun guys! I'm outta town the weekend of Aug. 14th but should be around other than that. If I'm in town you can count me in :wink: I've been wanting to get back out on the river anyhow...

13. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    you can always come down and meet me in the middle or sumthin sumtime matt, i fish the river all the time. got some good spots , not all that knowledgable but its fun.

14. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Love to get together on the mo.

15. flathead_hunter

State:
    nebraska city
    come on down chris and i could use the company:wink: you know your always welcome to come down.... bring bone cracker along too........:cool2:

16. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I can understand thinking the MO is the best fishing but I know that every year that they have four man tourney in beatrice there's at least 3 30 pounders brought in.
    I disagree the MO is not the best fishing in the state, ESPECIALLY if you have to fish off the bank. The Loup has the state record for flathead, and the state record blue was out of Gavins Point. so who's driving theie boat clear up there. Some one needs to figure out where it's going down.
    I vote for the blue river in Beatrice. If it's not there than you all have a good time.

17. Huskercat

Huskercat New Member

State:
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I will definatley take ya up on that sometime before the summer is over James. Just seems like I always have something goin on...but we'll make it happen.

18. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    i have had nights on the mo river when i have caught a 5 fish over 30lbs and the same night 2 over 50lb how man places can you go around here and do that you find a place and im there and gavenspoint is the mo river and that was a long time ago my bigest fish out of the mo was 96lb and hade one on bigger thene that last year so if you guys catch bigger fish thene that any where ealse i will come where ever you want to have it

19. flathead_hunter

State:
    nebraska city
    thats gonna change i bet real soon... might not be this year or next but i bet the next one will come between nebraska city and brownville.. i could be wrong to.. i know chris's big fish last year was close and one a year before was too... we will see how bad the river fishing is as soon as it straightens up right chris:wink:

20. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    yes sir thats fine guys live all the big fish to me and jr :big_smile: