1st Meeting is where/when?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by GUP, Nov 29, 2007.

1. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    Where and when is the first meeting? I've been reading and haven't seen a date yet. I don't want to miss it. From what I've read it's at Leadfest? Sounds fun.
    If you guys want me to hit up the local tire shops for lead I sure can. They always have 2 or 3 five gallon buckets, and there are 2 tire shops here in town.

2. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    The first meeting will be held at Cuz's place, which is in DeSoto. We don't have an exact date yet, but the plans are sometime in January. I think it will be announced soon though. :wink:

3. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Jon.. the more lead the better..

4. thomas feldon

thomas feldon New Member

State:
    Farmington, MO.
    Jon , Go Get The Lead Out ! Of the tire shops that is.
    Hope you have a viehicle to hall it in to the lead fest.
    I'm sure CUZ will post / and I hope he has enuff room for all the folk's that will show. Bring the kidd's, they can carry fire exstinguser's around and put out spontainous human conbustion situation's!:smile2:

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I should be able to set the date here in the next 2 weeks. It will probably be towards the end of January so as to let everyone settle down from the Holidays and put a 20 to the side for there gas money :wink:

Uncle Sci Fi is the fifth and there is alot of brothers going to that gathering. The Gateway Meeting will follow shortly thereafter.

First meeting will be at "The Barn" :smile2: I am in the process of searching for a location up closer to St. Louis so as to keep the location central to the Majority of the brothers.

Looking forward to our first meeting and getting to meet those of you I havnt met yet. Of course, I'm always eager to see all the Ol Scoundrels I have already met. :smile2:

6. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Cuz.. Make sure it stays on the Missouri side.. As of Jan 1st there won't be any smoking allowed anywhere in Illinois.. They are joining California in becoming another communist state..

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    In all fairness Harold, I am indeed a smoker, but I am super sensitive to those that are smart enough to NOT do it. I'm afraid you'll be huddled up outside with me Ol Friend. :wink:

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    As far as a location for future meetings goes, I'd really like to find a nice breakfast place over on the West Side of Saint Louis somewhere that has a private room. I think it would be great if once a month we can conduct our meetings over a nice plate of eggs and grits. This location might just happen to be close to Cabelas, and Bass Pro too. :wink: Lord help us. Well all be divorced in a year :0a19:

9. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Say it ain't so Cuz....I know you can find a place for us to meet for breakfast somewhere in Jefferson County.:big_smile:

10. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Now you got me curious.. Thats the area that the company shop and office is located.. I know there is a Denny's at Dorsett and 270 that we could probably hijack the back area and put the tables together.. I can't think of anyplace else that serves grits... And breakfast ain't breakfast without grits... hehehe.. Waffle House and Huddle House are too small, it would be standing room only..

11. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hey now Mike! I think St. Charles County would be a good middle ground for all of us. Thats still 1/2 hour drive for me.

12. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Well, I'm an idiot. I was an ex-smoker for 6 months, gained 25 pounds and just picked up the habit again 2 days ago.:confused2:

Seemed easier than exercising.

13. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Awww thanks for the vote of confidence Daryll.. I quit in July, and the battle is still raging on... Harold 1... Cigarettes 0... It's gonna be a longgggg winter.. I need a hobby to have something to do.. Not too strenuous though.. hehehe

14. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    How about a Hooters somewhere.. Im sure Cuz has connections there!

15. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I don't know about Cuz, but I know for a fact that Deanna1 has some connections!:wink:

16. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Hey Vince I know Cuz forgot to draw pictures for you, but when did Hooters start serving Eggs and Grits... I tried to be as gentle as possible cause I know how sensitive you are lately... lmao.. hehehe

17. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don’t eat breakfast but might consider a brunch around 11 to noon..

18. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This machine is crashing.. Ill be back when i can get it fixed.. and running..

19. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    You don't have to eat.. You can just sit quietly and watch the grownups eat... hehehe.. The computers fine.. not sure about the operator though..lol

20. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Well that's all were gonna hear from Vince.....I mean he's been working on his boat for how long now? and now he's gonna fix his computer?:crazy: