1st LAKE gathering 2009

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by skawez, Feb 11, 2009.

what is your preference for the 1st 2009 LAKE gathering in nebraska

1. brached oak

2. calamus

3. red willow

4. medicine creek

5. conestoga

6. burchard

7. stage coach

8. bluestem

9. rockford

10. olive creek

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    ok we need EVERY ONES input on where to have the first of this years 2009 LAKE gathering for the BOC here in nebraska. once we have a place for the Lake gathering we can decide upon a date and time... we will do the same for the River gathering once we get the Lake gathering set up.. please add a suggested date after you vote.. here you can find all then info you want for any of the lakes on the list...http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/fishing/PublicWaters/PublicWatersMap.aspx

2. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

Well I'm just gonna throw this out there...It probally has to be a weekend 4 ppl with jobs and what not...:wink:

3. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    so everyone knows.. you can pick more then one lake when you vote but you can not vote more then once... you can choose multiple choices but vote only once so pick the lake or lakes you would like to have the gathering at..the lake with the highest amount of votes will be the first gathering with the runner up being the second gathering and so on...

4. MOVINON

MOVINON Member

State:
    Glenwood Iowa
    Why isn't Pawnee on this list? I have pretty good luck there fishing from the bank where as bank fishing from B/O is nearly impossible. My vote is for Pawnee.

5. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    it isnt on the list because no one suggested it when we had a suggestion list up...:confused2:

6. MOVINON

MOVINON Member

State:
    Glenwood Iowa
    consider it suggested:smile2:

7. MOVINON

MOVINON Member

State:
    Glenwood Iowa
    I also highly recommend Summit. I was there last June during a catfish tournament. I watched the weigh in in the morning. Each team was allowed 5 fish. The prizes were awarded for biggest fish and biggest bag. The winning fish was 21 lbs and it was part of the winning bag which was 52 lbs. I saw at least 20 fish over 10 lbs. All were returned to the lake after the weigh in.

8. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    ok Ill be sure to add those to the next 2nd lake gatherings pole. thank you

9. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

Well it looks like brached oak....is it hard to fish the shore line??? Is anyone planning on bringing a boat???

10. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I will have a boat and can fish three or four out of it. So I will be able to take some one or two. I may have two ! but will NOT let anyone use it that has not ran a tiller handle before its only a 4hp and its on a 16' jon nice wide boat that will also fish 3 - 4 people the other one is a 17' Lund 115 hp Merc. So that should cover approx. 6 people that want to fish from a boat. I still need to do some work on the jon's motor so no garantee on that one yet. Near the boat ramp on the west side, and Lebers Point should be able to bank fish,but dont know for sure. Haven't been over there since last year. Over by the Marina is also access to the bank fisherman.:smile2:

11. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    dont count the chickens till there hatched frankie :)

as for the boat i hope to have one out there but if not as i remember correctly there are places you can walk way way way out into the lake get a good cast in and fish a nice hole...

12. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I voted for 3 lakes. My bad!! Branched Oak, Conestoga and Calamus. Branched Oak has the Channels, Blues and Flats. Conestoga, there's talk about big flats being pulled out of there and Calamus will spoil you on the big channels! My friend has caught many channels from Calamus over 20# using blood while drifting. This was last year. Never been there myself, but I'm definently planning a trip there this year for sure! Branched Oak has the most votes, but I want to see more choices. Elwood has definent potential for great size channels, especially in springtime! I'm game for any lake. Travel is of no concern to me. Have boat, can bring bait and can always use a couple more fishing clients in my boat!!

Feedback from anybody?? Here's my phone number. 402 4639322. Call anytime before 10:00 pm and leave a message if no answer. I'm usually home after 4:30 pm on the weekdays!!

13. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    i understand that there are some lakes not on the pole.. i understand there are some lakes on the pole that weren't suggested.. i apologize for any inconvenience it may cause tho i dont know how it could... there was a thread posted febuary 8th 2009 asking for suggestions on this years gatherings... EVERY LAKE SUGGESTED IS ON THE POLE.. if you didnt suggest in that thread that may be the reason its not on the pole... for future reference ANYONE who would like to complain about the lake they want to go to not being on the pole go back and look at the suggestion thread that was up for over a month... the next pole for a second lake gathering will be dont the same way... take suggestions... then take pole...then take suggestions on date.. then pole on date...i believe a month is more then enough time for suggestions and poleing.. i do understand not everyone can be made happy.. and i would like to see more ppl at this years gathering(s). if there isnt much of a show or interest in the gathering then those of us that do enjoy getting together can do just that amongst ourselves... as for where idc really... but all things considered i dont just fish to catch fish.. i do itt to enjjoy the outdoors the family friends and new enviroments.. so just because BO has big fish and ppl catch them there regular that dont mean thats where it should be.. ill go there..thats where it was last year.. tho i had to work which sucked... but a nice size lake thats not fished too hard or rarely because of its location can hold some MONSTER fish.. and be nice to enjoy with less of a population crowding the lake.. bc you dont hear about it or dk about it or dont fish it dont mean its not a good hole... yea this was long.. i am sorry just wanted to make some points and vent a bit.. its all about having fun learning meeting each other and catching fish.. none more important then the other.. again im sorry for my tone in places...

14. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    another good spot would be iron horse... they are going to drain it and dig it out... thats to bad because there are alot of big fish in that one... i will have to find out when they are going to it... i voted for burchard have heard of alot of big channels and walleye there.... but my vote would be be at the river... but of course we can't have a gathering everyday:sad2:

15. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    well JR some of us aint as lucky as you to have the river in our back yard.. you got all the luck... its ok tho ill be out again this year gathering or not iburg and i are goin to hit it hard this year

16. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Maybe we need to take a poll of all the lakes that people have fished. And then have the gathering at one of the lakes not mentioned on the poll !!!! :smile2::smile2:

17. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

I'm just ready to fish....don't really care where...but vote calamus :wink:

18. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    A few years ago they dropped the water level to repair some of the boat ramps and do some shoreline work. After they were done we had a drought and the lake stayed low for the next 2 years during which time allot of wild trees and weed grew up along the shore line making it impossible to fish from the bank. Those trees and weeds are still there and will be for a long time to come.

19. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    A few years ago they dropped the water level to repair some of the boat ramps and do some shoreline work. After they were done we had a drought and the lake stayed low for the next 2 years during which time allot of wild trees and weed grew up along the shore line making it impossible to fish from the bank. Those trees and weeds are still there and will be for a long time to come.

20. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Its not just Branched Oak. :sad2: