1st deer of the season.

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by iabowhunter, Sep 13, 2008.

1. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Got the first deer of the season. Well, my wife did. She just smoked bambi with the van. Not much damage done. The air dam has a 4 inch split in it.

IT'S ON NOW!!!!!

2. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Wow, glad not much damage happened to your wife or anyone in the car, or the car

3. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    The sad thing is that it happend on the outskirts of town. She hit it at about 25 MPH.

You would thing that with all the deer we have around here the DNR would lower the price for antlerless tags.

4. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Sorry to hear that bro, hope everyone and everything is ok!

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    That bites...critters do damage at 10 let-lone 25......
    Ive always wanted a road kill season ....put a nice stout down on the farm welded deer catcher on the front of thee ole Ford...YUP....hit the gravel but youd have to leave mama home they start screaming when you hit the cornfield diong 60(LOL)YYYYYYYYEEEE-Haaaaaaaawwwwww!:eek:oooh:

6. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Thanks. There was little damage done to the van. Not enough to pay the insurance deductible to get it fixed. With November just around the corner she just may hit another one.

7. Iablue

Iablue New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Phil, did you keep the deer?

8. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    No. It ran off. It will prob be a huge non-typical next year with an anger for red mini vans.:smile2:

9. Iablue

Iablue New Member

State:
    IOWA
    :smile2: :smile2: :wink:

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad to hear all is well and sounds like you have some Deer Jerkey early this year, lol.

11. Mr.Seaguar

Mr.Seaguar New Member

State:
    Sioux Center, Iowa
    I hit a deer last year on my way icefishing up to the Lakes. I ran over its back feet. That slammed it to the ground, causing it to die from internal injuries and shock, I guess. It never got more than 3 feet from the edge of the pavement. It didnt even smudge up the dirt on the front of my pickup. I got a salvage tag and threw it in the back with my ice shack. I had good luck fishing too. One fella asked me if I had any luck, I said, I sure did, lookee here. He was like, A deer? I called it the Redneck Surf and Turf. That deer was the cleanest deer Ive ever cut up. His ribs on the one side were at a funny angle, and he was dead, other then that not hardly a scratch on it.

I glad your family came out OK.