1st day of snagg'n in MO. What'd ya catch?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by thomas feldon, Mar 16, 2006.

1. thomas feldon

thomas feldon New Member

State:
    Farmington, MO.
    A beautiful day for the frist day of opening snaggin season in MO. what did ya'll get besides sore muscles and high, muddy water from the storms. That is if you were able to go.

2. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

snagging is legal there?for what?

3. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    I was catfishing here on LOZ but I saw a lot of snaggers and they had fish. A very good opener I think. Almost every boat had one at least one.

4. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    In april i will be down to do some fishing on the loz ron will be putting in at the oar house ,i will get your scales from dave and bring it down with me ,i will let you know when i am coming

5. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Anyone know of a hotel near the oar house?I called for a reservation and the lady asked me which year?I said this year and she laughed,but she had 3 days left open for next years season.
    I'm still trying to come down last week of April,but its looking iffy.

6. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    cook ther is the bunk house on 65 hwy right before you get into warsaw if your coming in from the north,but i would say most are booked up

7. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Thanks,Robert...I got their #,but no-one ansewerd yesterday...will try again....oh well,plenty of room in the back of the truck :)

8. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Is snagging allowed right below Truman Dam? I'm not wanting to snag, but I'm passing through Warsaw Sat eve and want to catfish for a few hours, if it's not snowing or something, lol. If the snaggers are out in force I might just keep driving, but I was thinking there might be an exclusion zone there?

Thanks

9. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Robert if your fishing the USCATS tourney or prefishing it you can give them to me then. There is no snagging past 65 hwy bridge.
    Thanks

10. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Thanks Ron - I should be clear of the snaggers.

11. cook

cook New Member

State:
  12. jolle

jolle New Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    It was a cold one, and a slow one. Fished Sat-Sun and caught 8 total, 3 keepers, with 6 fishermen. Fish weren't grouped up in the usual spot, and even some searching more out towards the main lake didn't produce results. It looked like there were fish down there, but they were scattered resulting in tough fishing. Biggest was a 41" female, probably a little over 50#. My dad caught a huge bighead carp, probably 60+. He thought he had the record spoonie there for a while until it surfaced. Ugly sucker.

Saw many other boats with the same results. Most boats had 0, and just a few had 1 tied up, no more.

Low water and cold weather must have them elsewhere.