1st Catfish

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by ByrdDog, Jun 7, 2007.

1. ByrdDog

ByrdDog New Member

State:
    Covington,Ga
    I took my kids fishing this morning at Charlie Elliot Wildlife Managment Area. For those of ya'll not from Ga or not familiar with Charlie Elliot, it is 2,000(?) arces of state owned land with 22 well stocked lakes and ponds on it. I decided to take the kids there so we could try our luck at more than one lake. We overslept and didn't arrive until about 8:45 and according to most people we talked the fish had stopped biting a little earlier. They were right. My 5 year old son caught the only fish, a small bream. My seven year old daughter who has caught a few bream in the past was pretty upset about not catching anything. She did seem to get excited when a man gave us 12 crappie he had caught earlier. After cleaning the fish my son went to Grandma's and my daughter begged me to go agian this evening. We went to my Wife's Uncles pond an immediatly got rained on. After the rain let up the feeding frenzy began. She caught alot of bream, a 1# bass, and the fish she was most proud of a 1.5 # channel cat. It gave me alot of joy to see how happy she was. After cleaning fish tonight she asked could we go agian tommorrow. I asked her what she wanted to fish for and she replied MORE CATFISH. Sorry about the long post but I'm a very proud Dad tonight and just wanted to share. Thanks.

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    good to hear yall had a good time. fishing in general is an awesome family activity, but you'll see after a while that catfishin is a special thing!

oh yeah, welcome to the boc!

3. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Congrats to your daughter on her first catfish, and to you Lee for takeing your kids fishing.

4. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing your story Lee! Congrats to your girl catching her first cat too. I have two small ones that my wife and I take fishing often and theres nothing like the look on their faces when they catch a fish. Theyre still pretty young, 5 & 4 so they like to fish for gills. They dont have the patience for catfishing yet but they like it when I catch one. I cant wait to see them catch their first cat. Again thanks for the post, keep at it and welcome to the BOC!!

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    way to go pops!

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats and a nice story.

7. Cat Hunter

Cat Hunter New Member

State:
    texas
    Nice job its always pleasing to hear about families fishing together.

8. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    AINT NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING A PROUD DAD!! HOW ABOUT AN AVATAR TO GO WITH YOUR NAME? LOL

9. txcats

txcats New Member

State:
    Texas
    Great post. It is great to see stories about the family going fishing. Those memories will last forever.

10. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Great post love to here of people taking children fishing reps to you

11. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    What a joy to fish with your kids. Thanks for sharing

12. bodi

bodi New Member