1st catfish @ Cordel

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Jedicazador, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Jedicazador

Jedicazador New Member

State:
    TN
    Well my son and I thought we'd go and hit the dam since my boat is down, they had a bunch of generators on and the water was very high, we used cut skips small pieces in the calmer water near the wall. We only got one dinky channel about 15 inches I hooked him and let my boy reel it in. I have never seen a catfish come outta there till then, I was tickled now I know their there! Wish I had a pick of it but we got it home and deep fried it was the best tasting fish I have had in a long time, mmmmmm

2. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Keep trying you will find them.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    As Don stated keep trying you'll come onto em.

4. festus

festus New Member

I love fishing them dams near the wall from the bank. Mike, that's the best eating size catfish, anyway. One of these days I'll drive down to Carthage, one of my old stomping grounds and fish Cordell Dam. I catch them eater size channels right up against the dam wall up to 5-6 lbs all the time at Melton Hill. There's a few rainbow trout in there but I haven't caught any yet and every now and then I'll get a striper.

5. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Congrats! Finding cats this time of year and being patient when ya find them is the best an't it

6. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    mike i can show u sum holes there ive caught sum good1s.im hittin defeated crrek friday

7. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    they dont have to be huge to be fun to catch atleast now you know there in there

8. Jedicazador

Jedicazador New Member

State:
    TN
    I'm not sure if I'm getting back to you before or after you went but give me a call if your in the area, I'd love to learn something new