1st blue cat for the new year

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by TennesseeJugger, Jan 18, 2010.

1. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Met up with Ponwater at 5:30 this morning at flippers, he brought the boat and I brought the fresh skipjack. We also got to meet Cumberland cat at flippers this morning ( nice fellow by the way). Well it was very very foggy and debris all over the place from the rain that we got on Sat. We headed out to one of Pondwater fav spots but had to leave due to being under fire from duck hunters. We got to a spot set out 12 poles and nothing but a nibble or two. Moved to another venue and still nothing. Moved again and got a few more nibbles from the same pole as before. Moved around a couple more times and ended up being just a eyes views up river from Cumberland cat. Cumberland cat called me and asked how we were doing and I told him not very well at all, he said he was killing them and had already caught a couple big 40 to 50 pounders on small chunks of cut bait and that he was fishing in 75 ft of water. Ole pondwater and myself looked at each other and agreed to head for deeper water. We no sooner got all the poles out when we started getting good bites, Ponwater landed a nice channel and I landed the blue in the picture. We had to leave due to a prior engagement that Ponwater had to go do, but I bet if would hit that spot at first light we would have killed them. This was the first time that I have met Kevin(pondwater) in person and I have to say that he is going to be a good friend.

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      18.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  2. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    looks like a great trip maybe i'll get to meet up with yall on the way back through tn to fish with yall

3. festus

festus New Member

Sounds like y'all had a very interesting day and did have at least some success...Hey, y'all ain't the only people having trouble with duck hunters. Over here in East TN the duck hunters and crappie fishermen are feuding, I hear. Did you get shot at?? :secret:

4. otalldon

otalldon New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Sounds like you guys had a good time. Hope to be meeting up with you guys soon.

5. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    way to go don you will get it yet

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Sounds like a great trip. Thanks for the picture

7. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    WTG guys. At least you know what and where to fish..