1998 25HP Johnson - *Might* be a silly question heh

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by SubnetZero, May 6, 2007.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    They say the worst question is the one not asked, so I guess Ill ask it:confused2:

I have a 1998 25HP Johnson. Im wanting to clean the engine area underneath the cover. Looking in there, I dont really see any drain holes and I can see the seal where the it connects to the rest of it...

So is there a drain hole if I was to spray some cleaner and just a splash of water that it will drain out to, or am I getting read to cause me a bunch of headaches?

Attached Files:

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    There is a connector that isnt connected to anything. This for an option or something that I do not have?

Attached Files:

3. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    My new 75hp merc 4 stroke has drain holes in there. I have just always kept it so imaculate that I never needed to spray it down. If you do degrease it, you might want to disconnect the battery so nothing shorts out.

4. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Indeed, and it looks pretty clean aswell. I would just wipe it down with some damp cloth in some cleaner...but I also wouldn't know what I'm doing, haha.:roll_eyes:

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Spray it with whatever type cleaner you want to use, wash it with a hose, LIGHTLY. tilt it forward and let it drain. It would help to have compresed air to blow dry it, or use a blow dryer.

Do not get water into the carb, and run it afterwards.

What color wires are in that connector, be specific.

6. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Its a 3 wire connector

Wire colors:
    Tan with a yellow stripe
    Tan with a Black Stripe
    Black

The one that is connected (right next to it) is a 2 wire with a Tan wire and White with a Black stripe...

I'm guessing its for something like power tilt/trim ,etc that I don't have ??
    Thanks Bob!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    An over heat warning connector you don't need hooked up