1996 mercury villager/buyer tip

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfish kenny, Apr 22, 2008.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I bought one fer a song & dance needin a lilll love but in real good condition-can do all the work myself....but I and have come to the conclusion that it is a sensor -the mass & have called round to find a replacement-I took the old one and cleaned it up after one of our local top mechanics told me I can't...& called a few reputable parts store ...they can only give me I dont know why U cant get this part but I know-NISSAN QUEST manufactured this particular vehickle for Ford lincoln/merc...Import and some scrap yards found this to be a good money maker 100.00 is the cheapist I have found was 100 bucks-not a option... for what I have in this thing I can junk it I got real lucky on this one and I am gonna drive in the ground.
    My tip is -unless you are a mechanic of some kind and can do the work your self is do your homeork,but even you can com up short thenI bought this on a whim and I knew putting on the trailer home it has been abused....If I took this to the shop the cheapist estimate gave to them was 1800 tofix it ? I am gonna have it on the road for 4 if it starts actin up ...well I scrap it or sell it..depending whats wron?.Amarica-sold out and here is a prime example of it,.

2. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I know a guy who can make it run and pass smog inspection. I don't know how much time he got, but he can't hardly read or write, math ain't one of his strong points, but he could do it if anyone can. The gas to get to him would be a lot tho. He lives in Avoca Mn.

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    kenny, those things list for 325.00 dollars!!!! If i were u i would sell it while u can!!!! Around here the mexicans wont even take em to mexico & sell them down there!!pretty bad....those things are money pits, trust me I cant sell anything for them anymore much less get anything for it anyway, so sell it quick cuz the parts are all nissan & they are ALL expensive no matter what u need....the nissan guys across the street are always trying to buy the parts thru us cuz they are cheaper than theirs, but not by much....no matter what u gave for it, even if u got it free, get rid of it quick....that;s probably why u got such a good deal, those ppl didnt want to mess w/it...just my opinion, Iv'e sent many ppl away from the counter wishing they got rid of theirs when they could have!!!

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Wil yer probably right but my back is against the wall-GAS is killing us and if I can get 6 months out of it befor it blows we are good.I have it up & running good now -selling it or trading it is a option though>