Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month I got this G3 1860. It has a 2008 mercury 40 hp fourstroke efi. It came with a minn kota power drive v2 with co-pilot. The previous owner included a Hook 4 that he had mounted on the trolling motor. So far I've added the Garmin striker 4cv that I was using on my kayak last year. I have it mounted at the console. I've also removed the rails on the front deck.

I want to add 4 seat mounts to have 4 captains chair for me and the family. We will be repainting the boat also.
Cloud Sky Watercraft Vehicle Motor vehicle
Cloud Sky Vehicle Automotive tire Tree
Water Sky Boat Water resources Watercraft
Jeans Shoe Vertebrate Water Mammal
Water Sky Water resources Plant Natural environment
Water Sky Boat Watercraft Plant community

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We've been using the boat to drag the kids around on a tube, and for swimming. I ordered a hook over the gunnel style of ladder and we weren't happy with it. So then I started looking into other types of ladders. Decided to try a swim platform with a fold down 3 step ladder. The ladder doesn't get in the way of the outboard at all, and it was so much easier to get out of the water with.

Install was easy too, 4 bolts and it was done.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Wood
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
30 Posts
Last month I got this G3 1860. It has a 2008 mercury 40 hp fourstroke efi. It came with a minn kota power drive v2 with co-pilot. The previous owner included a Hook 4 that he had mounted on the trolling motor. So far I've added the Garmin striker 4cv that I was using on my kayak last year. I have it mounted at the console. I've also removed the rails on the front deck.

I want to add 4 seat mounts to have 4 captains chair for me and the family. We will be repainting the boat also. View attachment 323771 View attachment 323772 View attachment 323773 View attachment 323774 View attachment 323775 View attachment 323776
I’m trying to configure an 18 foot boat similar to yours and was considering placing a side consul forward just like you have. I haven’t seen that you’ve used this boat what are the pros and cons

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bought a used pontoon boat but the guy didn’t give me the swim ladder so I had to buy one. I looked at several and decided to get this Marinebaby. It is very well made and was relatively easy to install. The nicest things about this ladder are the width, 13 inches I think, 2 inch wide steps and the nice tall handles.

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,515 Posts
A ladder is a good thing I hit a gray cylinder that looked like it was from a water softener that was just under the surface of the water I was ejected out of my boat I had a hell of a time getting back into my boat
If I got ejected from my boat as of now I don't know how I would get back in. The ladder had broke off 2 weeks before I bought the boat so I have a swim deck just boo ladder. I would have to hold onto the swim deck while hopefully someone is in the boat and can run the trolling motor on the bow and bring us in lol. I really need to look into this now that you got me thinking

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Been discussed before but if you find yourself outside your boat the best and easiest way I have found is to get to the rear of the boat, get a foot on the lower unit fin and push the power tilt button and ride it up. It is not an ideal method and may even be hard on the power tilt but in an emergency it may get you back onboard. I have never been ejected but I did wrap a piece of discarded ski rope around the prop, actually stalled the engine, I just could not reach to cut it out from inside the boat, I thought I could pull myself back in the boat so I stripped down to my skivvies and jumped in, try as I might I couldn't get back in the boat. I was about to have the wife start idling towards the bank while I hung onto the side but gave the ride the motor a try and it worked.

·
Registered
280 Posts
If I got ejected from my boat as of now I don't know how I would get back in. The ladder had broke off 2 weeks before I bought the boat so I have a swim deck just boo ladder. I would have to hold onto the swim deck while hopefully someone is in the boat and can run the trolling motor on the bow and bring us in lol. I really need to look into this now that you got me thinking
I had to crawl up my moter I also had no life jacket on and moter didn't have a working kill switch lucky I was Able to hook the side of my boat with my right arm my boat was running in circles ( tiller)
I had to rip the gass line off and wait until it ran out of gass oh did I mention that I CAN'T SWIM
Always wear life vest and have a working kill switch and have it attached to you I was extremely lucky I remember holding onto the side of the boat thinking that I was going to die

1 - 20 of 21 Posts