Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY GUYS I GOT A PROBLEM. MY MOTOR IS ACTING UP AND I CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT IT IS. SOMETIMES IT WILL START SOMETIMES IT WONT. IT HAS A BRAND NEW COIL PACK ON IT. WHEN I GOT IT IT FIRED UP FINE ALL THE TIME, BUT RECENTLY I LET IT SIT FOR A MONTH AND I TOOK IT DOWN TO THE RAMP AND NOTHING, IT WOULD NOT START. SO I TRIED CHECKING SPARK, TOOK THE WIRE OFF AND PUT A SCREWDRIVER IN IT UP AGAINST THE BLOCK AND CRANKED AND NOTHING, FOR A WHILE. TRIED TO REVERSE THE WIRES AND NOTHING. CLUELESS, IT WAS STARTING FINE BEFORE. LET IT SIT FOR AN HOUR TRIED THE SCREWDRIVER THING AGAIN AND IT FINALLY FIRED AGAINST THE BLOCK AND THE MOTOR STARTED, RAN FINE ALL DAY. LET IT SIT FOR A WHILE,ABOUT 3 WEEKS AND WENT OUT THERE YESTERDAY TO TRY TO START IT AND OF COURSE NOTHING. NO SPARK AGAIN. WTF. WHY WOULD THIS BE HAPPENING. MY MOTOR IS VERY WELL KEPT. IM NOT SURE IF IT IS IN THE IGNITION KEY SWITCH, THE POWER PACK, COIL PACK AGAIN, OR HOW TO CHECK IF ANY OF THESE COULD BE THE PROBLEM. PLEASE BROTHERS HELP ME I NEED TO GET ON THE RIVER SOON THE CATFISH ARE CALLING MY NAME.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
Registered
509 Posts
HEY GUYS I GOT A PROBLEM. MY MOTOR IS ACTING UP AND I CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT IT IS. SOMETIMES IT WILL START SOMETIMES IT WONT. IT HAS A BRAND NEW COIL PACK ON IT. WHEN I GOT IT IT FIRED UP FINE ALL THE TIME, BUT RECENTLY I LET IT SIT FOR A MONTH AND I TOOK IT DOWN TO THE RAMP AND NOTHING, IT WOULD NOT START. SO I TRIED CHECKING SPARK, TOOK THE WIRE OFF AND PUT A SCREWDRIVER IN IT UP AGAINST THE BLOCK AND CRANKED AND NOTHING, FOR A WHILE. TRIED TO REVERSE THE WIRES AND NOTHING. CLUELESS, IT WAS STARTING FINE BEFORE. LET IT SIT FOR AN HOUR TRIED THE SCREWDRIVER THING AGAIN AND IT FINALLY FIRED AGAINST THE BLOCK AND THE MOTOR STARTED, RAN FINE ALL DAY. LET IT SIT FOR A WHILE,ABOUT 3 WEEKS AND WENT OUT THERE YESTERDAY TO TRY TO START IT AND OF COURSE NOTHING. NO SPARK AGAIN. WTF. WHY WOULD THIS BE HAPPENING. MY MOTOR IS VERY WELL KEPT. IM NOT SURE IF IT IS IN THE IGNITION KEY SWITCH, THE POWER PACK, COIL PACK AGAIN, OR HOW TO CHECK IF ANY OF THESE COULD BE THE PROBLEM. PLEASE BROTHERS HELP ME I NEED TO GET ON THE RIVER SOON THE CATFISH ARE CALLING MY NAME.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Sounds like you may have a power pack going bad, but it could also be a loose or bad connection between the power pack and coil pack.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Try disconnecting the black wire with the yellow stripe, near the power pack. If it fires then, it could be a key switch, or power pack.

To eliminate the key switch as the problem, you'll need a different remote starter, or disconnect the wiring harness and jump the solenoid to crank it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Most likely it's the pack, its easy to swap out if you want to do it. But if the charge coil or triger sensor needs replaced you may want to see your dealer. :glasses-nerdy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.