1995 Nissan problem

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by bondman, Apr 7, 2006.

1. bondman

bondman New Member

State:
    Vandalia, IL
    Hey I have a question for ya all. I have a 95' nissan 25 hp I was out at my local lake the other day motor had a couple of problems. first it doent seem to want to idle unless the choke is partly out and second I was running along and all of a sudden it just ups and dies like it ran out of fuel. I reached to prime the bulb as I thought that it might have got a air bubble or something but it was firm, hit the starter and it fired back up didnt think much about it until it did two more times then I just called it a day. never did that before what do you think might have caused my trouble?????
    Bondman

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Fuel quality and in need of a carb cleaning.

Dump your gas in a bucket and clean out your tank. If your gas is fairly fresh, let it settle while you clean out your tank, then pour all but about the last quart back in, SLOWLY, so you don't aggitate the trash back in to the gas.

If it's not fresh, dump the whole load, responsibly.

Next get your carb cleaned. running on parcial choke indicates it's dirty.

Before reconnecting the gas line to the cleaned carb, purge clean gas through the line so as not to dump nasty gas that is in your gas line back into the cleaned carb by pumping the bulb.

Purge the line and catch the gas into a clear bowl or white paper towels and you'll see the trash left in your line that would've gone right back into your carb.

3. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    One more thing, warrantee does not cover dirty carbs.