1994 Merc 115

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by topfuelkc, Jul 20, 2008.

1. topfuelkc

topfuelkc New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have a question I got this 115 and as you might know that this model only idles on the top two carbs until the engine comes up to about 1500rpms then the other 2 kick in. Well I'm wanting to see if you or anyone knows if you can just put the idle circuits in the 2 lower carbs, they look exactly the same except they don't hve the idle screws. They have plugs screwed into them in place. Now is it possible to just but 2 idle screws and 2 jets and install them instead of replacing both carbs.:confused2: I know how to do this type of work just wanted to find out if it could be done, or if anyone has done it before. Thought I would ask before I tear it apart.

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Ken, I can't truthfully answer that question. I don't know if they added the fireing into this also. I have the same motor except its in the 100 h.p so I am going to follow your lead on this and if it works out be sure to let me know.

3. topfuelkc

topfuelkc New Member

State:
    missouri
    Well if you find out before I do that would be great and if i find out i will for sure let you know. I really like the motor but it would be thatmuch better if it were idleing on all cylinders. i think it would have a much better take off.