1994 GMC Sonoma (same as Chevy S-10)

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by gadzooks, Jan 9, 2006.

1. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Blew the head gasket in my '94 GMC Sonoma. The engine is a 2.2 liter four banger. Took the thing down, what a b**** to tear into! Getting the fuel injector set up off took forever. Anyway, got the thing back together with a new head gasket. Got it started, but am not sure I've got the vaccuum lines
    on right. Tried to follow the diagram, but it was a bit confusing. The Service Engine Soon light is on and stays on. It has plenty of get up and go for a little four, but idles too fast. Any suggestions on how to be sure those vaccuum lines are on right? That's the only thing I can figure may be wrong now.

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    there should be a vacum line diagram somewhere under the hood, look around for it, its usually right above the radiator. go to a dealer or maybe a chevy website and you might be able to print out the diagram.

3. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    You can go to autozone and buy a chilton manual on it for I believe 10 or so dollars.

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    The Chilton and Haynes manuals are no help with the vac lines. The diagram under the hood doesn't show at least one line. Think there was a modification to the emissions system.

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    if its an emissions vac line i'd just plug it off and see how it performs then. if you have it hooked to the wrong spot it might cause problems. i have an '85 blazer (full size) and a few years back i took ALL of the emissions stuff off, even the smog pump. only thing left emissions wise is the c-converter and it passes e-check with flying colors! passed way better than it did with all that junk on there. if its fuel injected then plugging it off might cause a problem, or it may not but i'd try anyway.

6. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Either the MAP sensor is bad or the hose going to it is bad...or maybe the wrong size...Id bet money thats the problem

7. catfishredneck

catfishredneck New Member

State:
    Timpson texas
    could also be the idle position sensor. If the check engine lite is on take to autozone and they will code it for you for free. saves time and money replacing parts.