1993 Johnson 8 Horse.....

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Human Resources 31, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Human Resources 31

Human Resources 31 New Member

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    I was having problems with it as it was losing out on power origanly then got worst still started up. I then had a marine mechanic come over took off the carb cleaned it then as we were putting it back together we found a piece of plastic like some linkage or something that fell off that needed to be put back on with a clip. Then is was fine...Anyway I was riding in it the other say and it went 50 feet and died then it wouldnt start NOW WHAT?

:angry:

2. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    make sure the vent cap is open

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Loose connection at the hook up point . Kill switch yoke jumped out.

4. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    squeeze you ball and if gas comes out where the gas line hookds up to the motor that is your problem. mine did the same thing but it was not hardly leaking anything and was getting air in the gas line. If not that check all gas filters. sounds like a gas problem

5. Human Resources 31

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    the vent cap I am assuming that is on top of the gas tank lid. The little thing you can open or close it...that's open going to try some things tonight or tomorrow

6. Human Resources 31

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    GOT THE REPORT FROM THE MARINA WERE THE 8 HORSE IS BEING FIXED THEY SAID THE KILL SWITCH WAS SHORTED AND THAT THEY HAD TO ORDER A WHOLE NEW KIT OF COURSE ANYWAY BE ON THE WATER BY NEXT WEEK!! -GOD IS GREAT- BEER IS GOOD- AND PEOPLE ARE CRAZY!

:smile2:

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Glad you found it. That is one of the first things I look for. My previous post comment was

Loose connection at the hook up point . Kill switch yoke jumped out.

8. Human Resources 31

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    I wonder how much there going to rock me on the bill since its about 70 per hour marine rate lol